Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Flyers sign Cam York to ELC (3 years, $880.833k AAV)

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
So rather than make a deal to acquire a quality NHL veteran defenseman or two, Fletcher is elevating the often injured Sam Morin to the Flyers, then bringing a 20 year old, fresh from college, to step in. Pardon me if I say that the Flyers organisation still has no clue what they're doing regarding the position of defense. I don't give a bloody damn about Gostisbehere, since they already acquired his clone by getting Gustafsson during the off season. This franchise just continues to soil their bed when it comes to defense and goaltending.

Reactions: Pantokrator

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not sure where else to ask this: is there some relevant date that explains all these ELCs being signed so close together or is it just selective reporting?
Frozen 4 tournament regionals was on the weekend. Down to the final 4 thus almost all of the ncaa programs are done for the year. Kids have now had a couple of days to ponder their future for 21-22 and these kids have opted to turn pro rather than return to school.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Omg, so much negativity from my fellow flyers fans.

Wow, Hextall and Hacktard were just so horrible and Fletch and AV were then the saviors but now??? Wtf guys

There is a reason I left the Flyers board when all of you still drank the orange coolaide and ran me out.

Now, just wow

Reactions: Devonator and Jtown

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Omg, so much negativity from my fellow flyers fans.

Wow, Hextall and Hacktard were just so horrible and Fletch and AV were then the saviors but now??? Wtf guys

There is a reason I left the Flyers board when all of you still drank the orange coolaide and ran me out.

Now, just wow
What board are you talking about. There has been nothing but unwavering negativity surrounding the hiring of Fletcher and AV since they got here.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
JVj3Amh.jpg
0-CD41-EB5-E733-4-AE7-BF9-B-F676650-B7629.jpg

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
So rather than make a deal to acquire a quality NHL veteran defenseman or two, Fletcher is elevating the often injured Sam Morin to the Flyers, then bringing a 20 year old, fresh from college, to step in. Pardon me if I say that the Flyers organisation still has no clue what they're doing regarding the position of defense. I don't give a bloody damn about Gostisbehere, since they already acquired his clone by getting Gustafsson during the off season. This franchise just continues to soil their bed when it comes to defense and goaltending.

At this point, I am just happy Fletch did not trade York for a rental. And you are correct. Lose 1-6 to the worst team in hockey with an old goalie and an AHL backup with your franchise goalie benched after being thrown under the bus while your better Dman just got waived and benched for no reason.

Reactions: Pantokrator

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
At least the Phantoms are fun an exciting to watch, and I am sure that will improve with York in the mix.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Big Sammy is a keeper.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad