Confirmed Buy-Out [PHI] Flyers buy out D Tony DeAngelo

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
LOL, His net worth is probably greater than yours in his 20s still. Playing a kids game half the calendar year. And he's a loser? WTF.

You can still be rich and be the biggest idiot, douchebag asshole toolbox everyone knows about. The fact he's so good at hockey is probably the only thing keeping him from being one of those regular people who keep getting fired from every job they work because they won't stop being an asshole. His career is going to be over the moment he can't produce offensively at a very good level because no one will have any reason to continue putting up with him anymore

There was a trade lined up for him for like a solid week and it's not impossible his most recent incident is why he continues to be unsigned. He could probably be had for basically free now and suddenly even Carolina has gone radio silence about him

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
And what did that team win? Besides...the "3rd best record"?

DeAngelo is not a good defenceman. If he's playing top minutes, you team isn't going to win anything other than maybe a bronze medal for the regular season.
Someone's a bit bitter that their team doesn't even have that much to brag about methinks? Literally ONE team every year wins the Cup, I'll take bronze for the regular season over not making the playoffs. Does Elias Petterson suck because Vancouver didn't win the Cup? Like wtf are you even trying to get at? Also, he wasn't playing "top minutes", he was 4th in ice-time on D (getting more PP and no PK time).

Last edited:

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
...And you're defending a player you don't know just to make you feel... I mean, I wouldn't use "better", but... I don't know... Relevant? Not that you're being successful.
Players who are bad defensively but contribute some on the offensive end come and go in all leagues over time. This isn't anything new. My point stands. Its emotional responses mostly.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
I love how so many bash a player they don't know just to make themselves feel better. Embarrassing.
I think it's more the case that people have zero respect for a guy who is completely worthless as a player and as a person. The only embarrassing thing going on here is people thinking this racist pylon belongs anywhere near an NHL team.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
...And you're defending a player you don't know just to make you feel... I mean, I wouldn't use "better", but... I don't know... Relevant? Not that you're being successful.
I'm criticizing immature posts on here rather than defending a player. Players come and go all the time. Bad defensive players aren't uncommon. Maybe upgrade the quality of commentary here. Its embarrassing to read.

Reactions: Laus723

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm criticizing immature posts on here rather than defending a player. Players come and go all the time. Bad defensive players aren't uncommon. Maybe upgrade the quality of commentary here. Its embarrassing to read.
You had already replied to my post once.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
I love how so many bash a player they don't know just to make themselves feel better. Embarrassing.
I'm closing out my sixth decade on this rock. Life experience has shown me that the most vocal critics usually are guilty of the same offenses but directed at folks that society doesn't view as protected classes.

Reactions: Stubu

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
In fairness, and I don't mean "I'm just axing questions" but real fairness, defending needs the accusations first.

So give 'em. What precisely, in detail, has D'Angelo done that has been wrong in an objective look?

(I have a list but it's more interesting to ask you first.)

If I was True Evil I'd point out that your dear avy wasn't exactly a role model for progress and equality in the world, but I won't.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I like how last year, HF posters pretty much thought Torts with DeAngelo would be a disaster. Now that it's the disaster everyone predicted, there seems to be a large % of posters placing the majority of the blame on DeAngelo. To be clear, Tony doesn't get the benefit of the doubt based on his history, but neither should Torts.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So Ducks?

IMG_4035.gif

Reactions: Rec T and Yemeth

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yea after I was like nahhh and edited the post lol

Lol yeah. Ducks have all these kids coming up especially on D, last thing they need is Tony D in that locker room.

Plus he would not even fit anyway, they have plenty of OFD, need another Top 4 shutdown D. You know someone who is actually good in their own zone.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Yup. He’s toned down the politics publicly at least, no? At some point it’s his play that’s the issue- he’s good in a sheltered role where he can do the offense, but it seems like there’s lots of those guys who aren’t valued much now. Add in his baggage and it doesn’t seem worth it- I suspect he’s just not beloved in locker rooms. Lonely Tony.
Good enough sheltered in 3rd pair and running PP2. The baggage turned out to be empty cases last time around in Carolina. Are you thinking he's going to South Carolina?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad