Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] F Owen Tippett signs extension with Flyers (2 years, $1.5M AAV)

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Those graphs are ridiculous and obtuse. Data is only as good as the person entering the data.

While this is a true statement, those graphs arent obtuse. Theres been a plethora of studies about the likelihood of 'busting' (relative to draft position) of early year birthdays vs late ones, and it reads exactly how you'd expect: Early birthdays have a muve higher rate of busting compared to late, as they are able to rely more heavily on their physical size and growth in juniors, but they lose that edge at the professional level.

Its not an exact science or hard-fast rules, obviously, but the concept is very legit.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
bump to discuss Tippett's play, and placement in Flyer's forward's lineup.

I am glad to see the Tippett-Frost-Atkinson experiment done, and that Tippett and Atkinson have redeemed themselves since the break-up. I hop e Frost gets the same benfiti of the doubt soon.

Reactions: Devonator

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
bump to discuss Tippett's play, and placement in Flyer's forward's lineup.

I am glad to see the Tippett-Frost-Atkinson experiment done, and that Tippett and Atkinson have redeemed themselves since the break-up. I hop e Frost gets the same benfiti of the doubt soon.
I dont expect 27 goals. Giroux trade was more about the 1st and 3rd than Tippett who was a pleasant surprise And benefited from Atkinson’s absence.

On Philly him and Cates (5th rounder) are playing above expectations. Rest is pretty much all 1st picks who are expected to be good: Farabee, Konecny, Frost, Foerster, York, Couturier, Laughton, even Ristolainen. Hart, Brink and Andrae early 2nds with like 4 more goalies drafted 2-3 which is early.

And thats not including their earliest 2 picks Gauthier and Michkov. High expectations there obviously.

so maybe Tippett will play on lower line and score 15 max. Especially if forced to play left wing. As long as he hustles its a bonus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad