Trade: [PHI/DET] D'Andre Swift for 2025 4th round pick and 2023 7th swap

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t remember if I said it here, but I was telling other people I felt this would happen yesterday. The Eagles have generated all this buzz with their drafting, but going into today they still had the bottom-5 worst RB room in the league, and you knew that was going to change

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don’t remember if I said it here, but I was telling other people I felt this would happen yesterday. The Eagles have generated all this buzz with their drafting, but going into today they still had the bottom-5 worst RB room in the league, and you knew that was going to change
Swift has a year left on the rookie deal. So low cap number. In round 4 if you get a player who legitimately contributes regularly for a year you take it. Most players end up as special teamers or rotational guys early in their career. Plus he’s a veteran.

Smart use of a future draft pick

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Swift has a year left on the rookie deal. So low cap number. In round 4 if you get a player who legitimately contributes regularly for a year you take it. Most players end up as special teamers or rotational guys early in their career. Plus he’s a veteran.

Smart use of a future draft pick
Also when he leaves in free agency next year, eagles get a comp pick. Probably in round 4.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Also when he leaves in free agency next year, eagles get a comp pick. Probably in round 4.
With what RBs sign for I think that’s kind of high. Say he gets the Sanders deal of $6.25 average, that’s probably more a 6th rounder.

I mean there were just 2 comp picks awarded in round 3 for player loses and 1 in round 4 for player loses. Top salary guys warrant the 3rd rounder.

Plus that is assuming Philly doesn’t sign a free agent to offset the comp award.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With what RBs sign for I think that’s kind of high. Say he gets the Sanders deal of $6.25 average, that’s probably more a 6th rounder.

I mean there were just 2 comp picks awarded in round 3 for player loses and 1 in round 4 for player loses. Top salary guys warrant the 3rd rounder.

Plus that is assuming Philly doesn’t sign a free agent to offset the comp award.
They have a bunch of picks next year and other guys to pay, so likely not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad