Proposal: PHI / DAL

deftones1986

Jul 7, 2011
*** I know that Seguin only has one year left on his contract, but I'm trying to get better at trade offers here.

Edit: Philadelphia plans to play Seguin on the Right Wing.

So for the sake of argument let's say Dallas announces they want more defensive and goalie depth... So Seguin confirms he will re-sign in Philly following the 2018/19 season or during.

To PHI:
T. Seguin
2019 2nd

To DAL:
S. Gostisbehere
2019 1st
(Goalie prospect) F. Sandstrom
W. Simmonds (1yr left)

Does either/both sides do this?

Last edited:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
*** I know that Seguin only has one year left on his contract, but I'm trying to get better at trade offers here.

So for the sake of argument let's say Dallas announces they want more defensive and goalie depth... So Seguin confirms he will re-sign in Philly following the 2018/19 season or during.

To PHI:
T. Seguin
2019 2nd

To DAL:
S. Gostisbehere
2019 1st
W. Simmonds

No.

If we trade Seguin we have 0 top 6 centers worth a damn. The only way something like this happens is if Seguin lets Nill know he won't be back.

Value is fine IMO. Just not a fit

deftones1986

Jul 7, 2011
No.

If we trade Seguin we have 0 top 6 centers worth a damn. The only way something like this happens is if Seguin lets Nill know he won't be back.

Value is fine IMO. Just not a fit
Basically what I was going for here, looking to see if my values are getting better.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Change Ghost to Sanheim and it’s probably closer to what to expect, even for a high end centre, that could walk for nothing in a years time.

deftones1986

Jul 7, 2011
Why are we adding so much to ghost?
I don't know, that's what I mean. It seems like every proposal has seemed way in favor of Flyers, and now it's the other way around.

Being an arm-chair GM is way tougher than I thought.

Last edited:

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I don't know, that's what I mean. It seems like every proposal has seemed way in favor of the non-Flyer team, and now it's the other way around.

Being an arm-chair GM is way tougher than I thought.

This one is also in favor of the non-Flyers team

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
No thanks. We don't need defensive and goaltending depth, we need scoring help so this hurts us more than helps us

deftones1986

Jul 7, 2011
Change Ghost to Sanheim and it’s probably closer to what to expect, even for a high end centre, that could walk for nothing in a years time.

I said in the OP that Seguin resigns in Philly.

Also, would put Seguin on the RW

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Dallas doesnt touch it because they have no 1C afterwards.

Philyl doesnt touch it because C and RW are/should be locked up for us for quite some time, and the price of acquisition is too high.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
It actually wouldn't be bad from a value perspective if Seguin was signed beyond this year but he's not. He's going to want his big pay day, like $10m per for 7-8 years and the Flyers can't do that so even if he said he would be willing to sign it doesn't really help. I also think the Flyers are more than happy with their top 2 centers for the long term future.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Flyers don't "need" Seguin for C or RW.

C: Couts, Patrick, soon Frost
RW: Konecny, Voracek, Simmonds, soon Allison, maybe O'Brien

Reactions: pmwlker

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Philly has no need to acquire a centre at the expense of our defense. Coots, Patrick and Frost down the middle is the plan. Trading Ghost leaves a huge hole in our defense.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I said in the OP that Seguin resigns in Philly.

Also, would put Seguin on the RW
The problem is, you just don't get the value for a player with 1 year left on his contract. Even if he said he would resign in Philly, that doesn't mean he would if it's not an offer he likes. There's also the fact that his salary would go from under $6m to at least $9m-$10m.

You're valuing Seguin as if he's signed for multiple years at a reasonable rate but then listing Simmonds as only having 1 year left. Both have decreased value because they have 1 year left.

Last edited:

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Ghost is worth more than Section when you consider contract, team needs, and age. Terrible offer.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Ghost is worth more than Section when you consider contract, team needs, and age. Terrible offer.
He might be worth more to the Flyers and their team needs but he's not worth more in terms of pure value. Also, age really isn't a factor here.

Reactions: Kcb12345

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Flyers don't need Seguin as much as Dallas needs him.

Dallas doesn't need Gostisbehere as much as the Flyers need him.

And the Flyers can't trade Ghost. You just don't trade a 65+ point defenseman, who despite public opinion on offensive defenseman, is actually solid defensively and has an insanely good contract (4.5M 6 years).

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Same boat - we just signed JVR, so who is playing on the 3rd line for 7mil plus? Giroux, Benn, or JVR?
Lol you can't be serious if you think there is a debate between who of those 3 plays 3rd line

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Flyers get slaughtered for a player who has more valur to his current team than he would for us

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta

Edit: Philadelphia plans to play Seguin on the Right Wing.

To PHI:
T. Seguin
2019 2nd

To DAL:
S. Gostisbehere
2019 1st
W. Simmonds (1yr left)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Signing Seguin should be a focal point for GM Jim Nill in the coming months. Don't want this hanging over the team like it will with Ottawa/Karlsson (if he's even there in October), or last year with the Isles and Tavares.

As for this trade, with Point and Oettinger already in the goalie prospect cupboard I don't think there's a need for Sandstrom.

Ghost is a great piece though and a suitable "consolation prize" if the Stars can't land Karlsson. Been wanting the Stars to chase Simmonds for a while as well but only if they can lock an extension in place.

Bottom line the value isn't TOO far off but I'd much rather the Stars keep Seguin around. Offense is rather depleted without him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad