Waived: [PHI] D Louie Belpedio waived by the Flyers (cleared)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Gotta make room for the Torts slugs. Easily take him over Risto and Staal
The Torts hate sounds silly after watching the Flyers sweep the Penguins.

As for Belpedio, his twelve game stint was eye opening and he proved he can be a valuable fill in at the NHL level.

At this stage in his career, however, he is not a better option than Staal or Ristolainen.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
The Torts hate sounds silly after watching the Flyers sweep the Penguins.

As for Belpedio, his twelve game stint was eye opening and he proved he can be a valuable fill in at the NHL level.

At this stage in his career, however, he is not a better option than Staal or Ristolainen.

Anyone and I mean anyone is better that Risto and Staal.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Anyone and I mean anyone is better that Risto and Staal.

Thankfully, Tortorella and Briere are the ones making such decisions.

Maybe it's just me - but I trust their judgment over some of the comments I see here.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
As a a Sabres fan that has had to deal with a washed up Staal and a perennially terrible Risto, you just gave me flashbacks. Thankfully they have moved on and I can watch new players flounder all over the ice.

The Ristolainen that played for the Sabres is not the same guy that plays for the Flyers. It's amazing what structure and coaching has done for his game.

As for Staal, obviously he's not the same player he was in his 20's. But for the role he is playing with the Flyers he has been a great mentor for guys like York, Zemula, Belpedio and the rest or the young defensemen learning the ropes.

Reactions: captainpaxil

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Thankfully, Tortorella and Briere are the ones making such decisions.

Maybe it's just me - but I trust their judgment over some of the comments I see here.

You have your opinion, but there’s a reason the team is in shambles. A few wins here and there aren’t making anything important happening here.

Reactions: Rebels57

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Risto is getting very limited ES minutes in Philly now - 12 minutes last night. Maybe the most expensive bottom pair guy in the league.

Thank you for that hilarious referral! I laughed my arse off, well done! It's true too!
Always be careful not to hit 0 an extra time when you put 2:00 on the microwave. :oops:

Reactions: Limeyjim

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
You have your opinion, but there’s a reason the team is in shambles. A few wins here and there aren’t making anything important happening here.

Nothing about the 2023-24 season suggests the term "shambles".

At the NHL level, the club is ahead of schedule with a record better than most people expected; most importantly with a goaltending tandem that appears capable of playing at a high level for the foreseeable future.

In the near term future, the roster in Lehigh Valley has at least a half dozen players who look capable of one day contributing in Philadelphia.

And beyond that there are players such as Michkov, Gauthier, and Bonk in the pipeline while some of their late round picks are performing better than expected in college hockey.

Quite a few organizations would like to be that type of "shambles".

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
That would be Fletcher’s moves on Hayes, Ghost, Risto, DeAngelo plus health of Patrick,Ellis. Covid took Niskanen too.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
As for Staal, obviously he's not the same player he was in his 20's. But for the role he is playing with the Flyers he has been a great mentor for guys like York, Zemula, Belpedio and the rest or the young defensemen learning the ropes.
The player he was in his 20s wasn't worthy of the deference shown to him now, either.

The player he is now is not a better defenseman than Belpedio.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Watch last night's second and third period. When the Flyers started getting pinned he made a couple of calm, subtle plays that a lesser experienced player likely doesn't make.

That is why the Flyers' signed him.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Watch last night's second and third period. When the Flyers started getting pinned he made a couple of calm, subtle plays that a lesser experienced player likely doesn't make.

That is why the Flyers' signed him.

I can think of at least 100 things I’d rather do right now than watch Flyers hockey - and I’m a flyers fan.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I can think of at least 100 things I’d rather do right now than watch Flyers hockey - and I’m a flyers fan.
Bloody hell, that's an awful way to support your team. I live in the U.K. and I stream the games, and the young players on this team are an exciting group. You live in their home town and ignore them. By the way they were in a shambles under Chuckles the clown, but Danny B and Jonesy are doing a decent job putting a competitive team on the ice. If you don't wish to watch is totally up to you, but they aren't as bad as you make them sound.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Bloody hell, that's an awful way to support your team. I live in the U.K. and I stream the games, and the young players on this team are an exciting group. You live in their home town and ignore them. By the way they were in a shambles under Chuckles the clown, but Danny B and Jonesy are doing a decent job putting a competitive team on the ice. If you don't wish to watch is totally up to you, but they aren't as bad as you make them sound.

Exactly. Couturier scoring a game-winner in overtime after missing a season. With Crosby on the ice.

After a 21-year-old blasted the goal to tie the game and Carter Hart and Tristan Jarry took turns making unbelievable saves.

Total Dullsville.

Reminds me of the Randy Quaid character in the second Major League movie.

Hanover Fist

Aug 22, 2018
1313 Mockingbird Lane
Exactly. Couturier scoring a game-winner in overtime after missing a season. With Crosby on the ice.

After a 21-year-old blasted the goal to tie the game and Carter Hart and Tristan Jarry took turns making unbelievable saves.

Total Dullsville.

Reminds me of the Randy Quaid character in the second Major League movie.
I don’t think Jarry played….. but I could be wrong

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina

I’ve fallen asleep watching them multiple times. I don’t enjoy watching them get abused in their own end with Seels, Staalsy, Risto on the team.

I disagree with a lot of what Briere and Jones haven’t done. So. Yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad