Confirmed Trade: [PHI/CBJ] Cam Atkinson for Jakub Voracek

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Like what is Philly doing???
I love what they're doing! Even though many people are whining about losing draft picks, and many folks don't like the Ristolainen deal, I love what they're doing. Combining promising young defensemen with good veteran defensemen who have their back. I'm sure Carter Hart is enjoying this too. It was past time for the Flyers to move Voracek, I've been hoping for him to be traded for the past three seasons and I'm delighted. I wonder what's next for Fletcher to do, perhaps a decent backup goalie, or moving JVR for more versatile offensive help. We'll see! This has been fun!

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
I love what they're doing! Even though many people are whining about losing draft picks, and many folks don't like the Ristolainen deal, I love what they're doing. Combining promising young defensemen with good veteran defensemen who have their back. I'm sure Carter Hart is enjoying this too. It was past time for the Flyers to move Voracek, I've been hoping for him to be traded for the past three seasons and I'm delighted. I wonder what's next for Fletcher to do, perhaps a decent backup goalie, or moving JVR for more versatile offensive help. We'll see! This has been fun!

It’s been a wild week for Flyers fans.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
As someone who follows both teams, I don't see the fit for either team.
On paper it looks like Atkinson might be a better fit with Philadelphia then Voracek would be in Columbus.

If the supposed Laine - C - Voracek line doesn’t create chemistry together then Voracek immediately gets pushed down the Jackets lineup whereas Atkinson has more options to fit in with.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
On paper it looks like Atkinson might be a better fit with Philadelphia then Voracek would be in Columbus.

If the supposed Laine - C - Voracek line doesn’t create chemistry together then Voracek immediately gets pushed down the Jackets lineup whereas Atkinson has more options to fit in with.

I strongly disagree. The Jackets have a lot of pure shooting talent. If Jake doesn't work with Laine he'll be a help to somebody. Bjorkstrand, Bemstrom, Nyquist, etc...

Also it's not Voracek getting pushed down the lineup if Laine doesn't get going, it's Laine.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I strongly disagree. The Jackets have a lot of pure shooting talent. If Jake doesn't work with Laine he'll be a help to somebody. Bjorkstrand, Bemstrom, Nyquist, etc...

Also it's not Voracek getting pushed down the lineup if Laine doesn't get going, it's Laine.
Columbus is deep at RW, maybe Nyquist goes to LW.

Domi is a question mark after not working out in Torts system perhaps he gets another shot at C when he returns from his offseason shoulder surgery, or maybe he could be a trade chip for a lateral center or a bottom pairing RD.

I have no idea how Columbus might stack their lines but I’m guessing.

Line 1 LW Laine C Roslovic RW Voracek
Line 2 LW Nyquist C Texier RW Bjorkstrand
Line 3 LW Domi C Jenner RW Bemstrom
Line 4 LW Hofmann C Stenlund RW Robinson

1st Pair LD Werenski RD ??? Trade or FA
2nd Pair LD Gavrikov RD Boqvist
3rd Pair LD Bean RD Kukan

Goalies:
1A: Korpisalo, 1B: Merzlikins

Scratches:
RW Sherwood
LD Harrington
LD Carlsson

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

No reason why Jake can't rack up assists with Laine. The last 3 years Jake is 17th in the league in assists....2 more than Giroux.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
No reason why Jake can't rack up assists with Laine. The last 3 years Jake is 17th in the league in assists....2 more than Giroux.
Depends on what Laine shows up in 21-22. I believe Jake and Roslovic could work well together.

If young Winnipeg’s version of Laine shows up then Vora should have plenty of assists and points.

Voracek was always a consistent point producer in Philly that’s what will be missed but Atkinson should bring the Flyers some scoring excitement as well.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Depends on what Laine shows up in 21-22. I believe Jake and Roslovic could work well together.

If young Winnipeg’s version of Laine shows up then Vora should have plenty of assists and points.

Voracek was always a consistent point producer in Philly that’s what will be missed but Atkinson should bring the Flyers some scoring excitement as well.
I think this is a trade that both teams will be happy/fine with.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Columbus is deep at RW, maybe Nyquist goes to LW.

Domi is a question mark after not working out in Torts system perhaps he gets another shot at C when he returns from his offseason shoulder surgery, or maybe he could be a trade chip for a lateral center or a bottom pairing RD.

I have no idea how Columbus might stack their lines but I’m guessing.

Line 1 LW Laine C Roslovic RW Voracek
Line 2 LW Nyquist C Texier RW Bjorkstrand
Line 3 LW Domi C Jenner RW Bemstrom
Line 4 LW Hofmann C Stenlund RW Robinson

1st Pair LD Werenski RD ??? Trade or FA
2nd Pair LD Gavrikov RD Boqvist
3rd Pair LD Bean RD Kukan

Goalies:
1A: Korpisalo, 1B: Merzlikins

Scratches:
RW Sherwood
LD Harrington
LD Carlsson

That's pretty darn close actually to how Jackets fans have been sketching them up.

- We still don't know if they'll try to acquire a center like Danault. Texier at #2C is rough, he hasn't proven himself at #3C yet.
- Elvis is the #1 goalie.
- You're right that there isn't an obvious answer on the top pair RD spot. Peeke will get one of the RD jobs.

Most likely there is a lot more movement to come, but if it's these forwards, then I'd like to see a line of Robinson - Domi - Bjorkstrand. That line had the best chemistry down the stretch. Laine - Roslovic - Voracek seems like an obvious offensive minutes unit to start with.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Yeah I’m fine with the trade. Atkinson fits a stylistic need for the flyers and opens up more cap space. Voracek is the better player but it works for both teams.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I really like philly’s lineup the only problem with it is Kevin Hayes the weakest link. Hopefully Vigneault wises up and puts Hayes over to RW.

Line 1 LW Farabee C Couturier RW Konecny
Line 2 LW Van Riemsdyk C Giroux RW Atkinson
Line 3 LW Lindblom C Frost RW Hayes
Line 4 LW Aube-Kubel C Laughton RW Allison

1st Pair LD Provorov RD Ristolainen
2nd Pair LD Sanheim RD Ellis
3rd Pair LD York RD Braun

Goalies:
Starter: Hart
Backup: ???

Scratches:
RW/C Laczynski