Confirmed Trade: [PHI/CBJ] Cam Atkinson for Jakub Voracek

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Which spot in the lineup would each fan base slot each forward in? If you’re starting a lineup with Atkinson for 21-22 season, you pencil him in at: ___?

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Some really great posts in this thread. Agree with many this is about as win-win as you can get.

Columbus has a bunch of shoot first guys but desperately needs a playmaker and someone who can transport the puck and gain the zone on the PP. Voracek should be a nice upgrade there. Contract wise it's a better fit as well.

Sounds like Philly really needed a shoot first player who's great on the penalty kill. That is definitely Atkinson's game. He's great at getting "lost" in the zone and finding those open scoring areas -- just needs someone to get him the puck. Oh, and he's pretty good on shootouts as well. I think he'll be re-energized in Philly.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Which spot in the lineup would each fan base slot each forward in? If you’re starting a lineup with Atkinson for 21-22 season, you pencil him in at: ___?

I think you have to start him with Giroux and Couturier just to see if they can establish chemistry.

He can probably fit in with Hayes or Frost though given the other good options in JVR, Farabee, Konecny and Lindblom that can shift around the lineup.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Id try him out in a couple places, but instinctively, I start him on Hayes’s RW, since Hayes never developed the chemistry I was looking for with our existing wings. Probably something like:
G-Couts-TK
Farabee-Hayes-Atkinson
JVR-Frost-Lindblom
Laughton-4C (I think they want an upgrade here)-Aube-Kubel
Laczynski / Bunnaman

Reactions: HansonBro

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Some really great posts in this thread. Agree with many this is about as win-win as you can get.

Columbus has a bunch of shoot first guys but desperately needs a playmaker and someone who can transport the puck and gain the zone on the PP. Voracek should be a nice upgrade there. Contract wise it's a better fit as well.

Sounds like Philly really needed a shoot first player who's great on the penalty kill. That is definitely Atkinson's game. He's great at getting "lost" in the zone and finding those open scoring areas -- just needs someone to get him the puck. Oh, and he's pretty good on shootouts as well. I think he'll be re-energized in Philly.
It's a very exciting time right now for the Jackets. Sad to see a star like Cam go but Voracek could be just what we need: a dangerous playmaker

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Both players settling in with their respective teams.

Atkinson has been the goal scorer with 4G-1A-5Pts in 4 games with the Flyers on the 2nd line with Farabee and Brassard.

While Voracek has been the playmaker with 5Pts, all assists in 6 games with the Blue Jackets playing on their 1st line with Laine and most recent center on his line, Columbus new captain Boone Jenner.

Jake still looking for his 1st goal of the season, after some minor lineup adjustments with the Blue Jackets.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
There was a number of Win/Win trades made this summer and this is one of them. I think both teams are happy with their player here and trades happen correctly this is how it is suppose to work out.

Another one that comes to mind is the Foegle/Bear trade which is not as big a trade, but where both teams come out ahead by making the deal.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
It really is ok to have a trade and both sides are happy. I know we live in a society that want to say everything is black or white. It is not the case often.

Flyers needed a shoot first player for years and now have one. Also has been a good influence on Konecky who was getting pass happy a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad