Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [The Post-Trade Deadline Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The previous thread approached 1,000 posts. This thread is open.

th

Check the team's website for changes. (updated February 3, 2022)
Lehigh Valley Phantoms 2021-22 HOME Schedule

All HOME Games at PPL Center

Phantoms 2021-22 Home and Away Schedule –HOME GAMES in BOLD

Lehigh Valley Phantoms Media and Team Coverage
Allentown Morning Call

American Hockey League
Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Inside AHL Hockey
Reading Royals Media and Team Coverage
AMMS_346c1fecd0096361f423ad759d96e9c3

ECHL

Reading Eagle
Reading Royals
Additional
1647551337380.png

Last edited:

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
@captainpaxil wrote in the closed thread
The guys in reading are going to be over the moon with fedotov sandstrom ersson and ustimenko all competing for 1 job. Someone is going to be playing well above that level.
Sandstrom and Ustimenko are both on expiring contracts. You think the Flyers are definitely going to resign both of them? It would be great if they did, since they would likely also sign another veteran goalie to either an AHL or NHL contract, and Reading would end up with two out of that group again. (At least until the injuries start)

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Sandstrom and ustimenko are rfa so I expect the flyers to try and maintain control. Sandstrom will probably be given the opportunity to compete with fedotov for the backup job.
Fedotov I think will get a one way or high value ahl deal. If the money is close I think playing in America is playing in America.
I'm curious to see how waivers differs with the different players

Goaltender has historically been weak for the flyers and I think it's probably our greatest depth

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Sandstrom and ustimenko are rfa so I expect the flyers to try and maintain control. Sandstrom will probably be given the opportunity to compete with fedotov for the backup job.
Fedotov I think will get a one way or high value ahl deal. If the money is close I think playing in America is playing in America.
I'm curious to see how waivers differs with the different players

Goaltender has historically been weak for the flyers and I think it's probably our greatest depth
Pretty sure Sandstrom is UFA. I think it’s up in the air whether either Ustimenko or Fedotov will be able to play in North America so there are big question marks after Hart and Ersson.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Pretty sure Sandstrom is UFA. I think it’s up in the air whether either Ustimenko or Fedotov will be able to play in North America so there are big question marks after Hart and Ersson.
According to CapFriendly Sandstrom is a Group 6 UFA. I'm no expert, but I think the group 6 part just refers to how he qualifies to be a UFA, but otherwise he is treated just like any other UFA.

Reactions: IronMarshal

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Worst case scenario sandstrom persues an NHL job elsewhere or goes back to Europe and fedotov stays in Russia. That leaves ersson and ustimenko in Lehigh and the flyers in need of a goalie

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The Flyers have been pretty good with Sandstrom. The question for him is who is going to be Hart's back up? If he feels that he can nab that job, I doubt that he'd look to leave the organization. Now if he sees Ersson passing him by, he might look elsewhere. Ersson did have better numbers than FS in Swedish play. Fedotov is a wild card. Who knows how good he really would be in NHL play and can he even get out of Russia?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think they just didn't want to bring up Laczynski and Allison for the road trip.
Because of travel, you don't get much chance to practice on a long road trip, so they actually get more work in LHV - and right now, it's all about getting ready for next season.

Plus, they obviously want to see what they have with Tippett, and strategically, they want JVR and Atkinson to finish strong (i.e. give them PT) to up their trade value in the off season.

Reactions: Devonator

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Good guys strike twice late in the first after Allison scores 20 seconds in. 2-1 Bears after one. But there's a long time left to play and this year's Bears have never met a lead they haven't been happy to blow. It's Matt Moulson night in Hershey as an aside that literally no one here but me cares about (doubt he's ever gonna play again unfortunately- he's almost 39 and hasn't played since having back surgery in late December)

Allison got rocked by McIlrath about halfway through the period. Better call him up to Philly before he gets hurt again

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
2-1 Bears.......Phantoms were outshotting them 10-1, then Hershey turned up out shot them 8-2 the rest of the way.....

Has it been announced here on HF, Hodgson is with the Flyers? Rotruck said the reason he was in ECHL was after the OHL season he torn up his Achilles tendon and it took a few years to get back to some semblance of being a hockey player. I guess we will see how he was 1st or 2nd line RW with the Phantoms and is now with some slubs as 4RW......Hey kudos to a guy who went from a PTO to AHL contract to NHL contract. Hard working, doesn't whine, just does his job not to just shot it in and go for a hit, but tries hard to get a shot and drive the net. I am sure Yeo will fk this up......

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
2-1 Bears.......Phantoms were outshotting them 10-1, then Hershey turned up out shot them 8-2 the rest of the way.....

Has it been announced here on HF, Hodgson is with the Flyers? Rotruck said the reason he was in ECHL was after the OHL season he torn up his Achilles tendon and it took a few years to get back to some semblance of being a hockey player. I guess we will see how he was 1st or 2nd line RW with the Phantoms and is now with some slubs as 4RW......Hey kudos to a guy who went from a PTO to AHL contract to NHL contract. Hard working, doesn't whine, just does his job not to just shot it in and go for a hit, but tries hard to get a shot and drive the net. I am sure Yeo will fk this up......
so long about the AHL Playoffs are important! All liars in this franchise!

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
4-1 Bears after two

Bears were the better team the first half of the period, Phantoms turned it on after the Bears' fourth goal.

Phantoms with two good chances- a near powerplay goal that was rolling through the crease and scooped out by Shane Gersich just in time, and a sprawling stop by Copley that the Ghosties celebrated but was emphatically waved off by the ref behind the net.

You're never out of the game when you're trailing this Bears team, and the Phantoms definitely had the momentum and all the chances the last five minutes or so of the period.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017

This means you are only going to see one of Laczynski or Allison on the Flyers

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Phantoms lose 5-1!

One shot for Lehigh in the third period. It took them 14 or 15 minutes to get it.

Last goal against was a shorty nine seconds into a powerplay with about two minutes to go. Allison lost control of the puck at the blueline, it was stolen by Beck Malenstyn, Allison did his best to keep up but just got outmuscled and Beck was able to slip it by Sandstrom's five hole. Note that this isn't an attempt to lay all the blame on Allison, because he was probably the only Phantom that gave me any pause when I saw him on the ice tonight- just describing what happened.

• Haha

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Phantoms lose 5-1!

One shot for Lehigh in the third period. It took them 14 or 15 minutes to get it.

Last goal against was a shorty nine seconds into a powerplay with about two minutes to go. Allison lost control of the puck at the blueline, it was stolen by Beck Malenstyn, Allison did his best to keep up but just got outmuscled and Beck was able to slip it by Sandstrom's five hole. Note that this isn't an attempt to lay all the blame on Allison, because he was probably the only Phantom that gave me any pause when I saw him on the ice tonight- just describing what happened.
No I saw the game , he fuked up . Caught back up with him but tried to bump him off the puck instead of skating thru the puck .

• Haha

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Good guys strike twice late in the first after Allison scores 20 seconds in. 2-1 Bears after one. But there's a long time left to play and this year's Bears have never met a lead they haven't been happy to blow. It's Matt Moulson night in Hershey as an aside that literally no one here but me cares about (doubt he's ever gonna play again unfortunately- he's almost 39 and hasn't played since having back surgery in late December)

Allison got rocked by McIlrath about halfway through the period. Better call him up to Philly before he gets hurt again
I wonder if they will take our 1st for Mcllrath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad