Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [The Fall 2022 Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Lehigh Valley Phantoms Media and Team Coverage

th

Allentown Morning Call
American Hockey League
Lehigh Valley Phantoms
1663988589404.png
Inside AHL Hockey
===============================================================

Reading Royals Media and Team Coverage

ECHL
Reading Eagle
Reading Royals
1663988660837.png

====================================================================

Miscellaneous
=====================================================================

Previous Thread:

Last edited:

rkatec68

Mar 16, 2022
Liiga isn’t the KHL. They excel at integrating their young players, and this is a D+2 prospect. Koivunen had 29 points in 53 games last year for Karpat, on the same junior and pro team of Tuomaala. 6 months younger and drafted after.

Do you think Tuomaala isn’t eating enough?
Aatu Räty had 40 points in 41 games last year playing 1C for Jukurit, his current team. Definitely concerning that Tuomaala has struggled in both Karpat and Jukurit. Jokinen was exceptional in getting the most out of younger players last year for Jukurit.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd wait a couple years, Tuomaala basically had a lost season last year, he just needs to play on a regular basis and we'll see if he earns a promotion back to Liiga. He's only 19.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
I'd wait a couple years, Tuomaala basically had a lost season last year, he just needs to play on a regular basis and we'll see if he earns a promotion back to Liiga. He's only 19.
True but he’s already shown an inability to understand development. The Flyers wanted him to play Canadian Jr. He refused. It would have helped him develop on North American ice and get used to the culture and language differences.

Odds are he never comes over full time unless it’s to light up the ECHL.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
True but he’s already shown an inability to understand development. The Flyers wanted him to play Canadian Jr. He refused. It would have helped him develop on North American ice and get used to the culture and language differences.

Odds are he never comes over full time unless it’s to light up the ECHL.
You have to be careful assuming an 18 year will never grow up, though message boards will make you wonder.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I don't know if I'd call bouncing around teams a "lost season." And if it was a lost season, was keeping him in the AHL for a month to throw things out of whack good development?

I had hockey IQ concerns with Tuomaala back to the u18s. It was too small sample to be sure, but he left me with an indifferent feeling that usually pertains to that. His junior numbers were average too. Now, Foerster had a truly lost season -- most of the year lost due to shoulder injury, mediocre sub-point/game performance after in the OHL. But I liked him before, so that's mulligan territory, and he's shown well this summer. Tuomaala looks like more of the same to start this year. Case by case.

Like it or not, the Flyers wanted a goal scoring RW with that 2nd round pick -- made more important after trading the 13th overall. The goal scoring RW taken 1 pick later was named CHL Player of the Year in his D+1 and had 10 points in 7 games at the WJC. Board members had him top 15 in the draft. Sometimes we don't have to wait and see.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
I just read that the Flyers signed Cal O'Reilly to a PTO. My God talk about wash - rinse - repeat. And no, I do not want him around the young guys in LHV taking up valuable 1st line minutes

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I just read that the Flyers signed Cal O'Reilly to a PTO. My God talk about wash - rinse - repeat. And no, I do not want him around the young guys in LHV taking up valuable 1st line minutes
You do understand what PTO means?

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
He's already under contract to the phantoms. Pto will cover him for insurance and whatever so he can get a head start before Lehigh starts camp

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's already under contract to the phantoms. Pto will cover him for insurance and whatever so he can get a head start before Lehigh starts camp
Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

We have COR, Marody and Brooks b/c we're thin at center and it's hard on the development of wings to play with ECHL caliber centers in the AHL.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
COR can count as a veteran and you have to dress at least 8 in preseason games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad