Phaneuf or Semin: Which fight fail is the best?

Which fight is better

• Total voters

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
When I think of amazing moments in the NHL these two pop into my head
upload_2021-8-27_6-14-22.gif

upload_2021-8-27_6-15-9.gif

and here’s the videos for some audio (mainly cause I love the reaction from the announcer in the Phaneuf clip)

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I’m not even sure I consider Semin’s a “fail”. What he did was hilarious and Staal was also turtling under the wrath of the bongos.

Thread would honestly be more fun if people weren’t choosing from two fights. I will continue to try to find the clip but one of the biggest fight fails I’ve seen was where both guys stood around squared up for 30 seconds and never actually fought before the linesman broke it up.

Last edited:

Boreal01

Nov 3, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Definitely Phaneuf

Phaneuf looked like a total goof and took himself out of the game for at least 10-15 seconds because he had to pick up all his gear

Semin’s style may have been unorthodox but there’s no arguing with the results

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Is this "which fight is better" or "which fight fail is best"?

Those are 2 very different questions, Phaneuf is the better fail, as they never even fought. Semin is the better fight, as both players drop their gloves and attempt to punch each other

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
These are the exact 2 “fights” I thought of when I saw this thread hahaha

The Phaneuf one is more of a fail I guess but the Semin video is one of the funniest things I have ever seen happen in the NHL

Reactions: Morrison

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Semin's. Phaneuf tried to square up and do a hockey fight, he just tripped on a stick. Funny but not really his fault.

Semin... you don't do that in hockey

He didn't trip on a stick. Ruutu goaded him into dropping his gloves and then tripped him.

His fault for thinking Ruutu the human piece of garbage would square up honorably.

Reactions: banks and Morrison

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
He didn't trip on a stick. Ruutu goaded him into dropping his gloves and then tripped him.

His fault for thinking Ruutu the human piece of garbage would square up honorably.

Ruutu was a bitch, but he could also throw em.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I went with Semin because presumably if Phaneuf had been standing up he wouldn't have flailed around like a toddler.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I’m not even sure I consider Semin’s a “fail”. What he did was hilarious and Staal was also turtling under the wrath of the bongos.

Thread would honestly be more fun if people weren’t choosing from two fights. I will continue to try to find the clip but one of the biggest fight fails I’ve seen was where both guys stood around squared up for 30 seconds and never actually fought before the linesman broke it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad