Post-Game Talk: PGT: Habs win and yes I did it early because.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I wouldn't care if they won some games until the end of the season if i was sure the habs would draft Tij Iginla. Because we're right in the rage for him, i think.
That’s not really the issue, it’s more like get the best spot available and get your odds up as big as you can considering where we are in the season. Winning games against a top team like Florida in garbage season time doesn’t make the team progress, proves nothing AND only keeps us further away from the top.

On the Tij front, if he’s the guy we want, then we can pick him with our 5th overall pick anyway. I see it like you do on the player, he’d be great here.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Josh Anderson needed to do more on that greasy play by the rodent Cousins. You’re the biggest guy on the ice, you’re arguably a top 10 heavyweight in the league!!! When a rat runs your linemate long after the whistle has blown, in your own barn in a blow out game??? Send a fu*king message!!! Instead of standing around with your gloves on doing the “aww shucks” routine, get in there and help Gallagher. Beat the shit out of Cousins when he got free. Do anything other than what he did - nothing.

If I was MSL, I would have loaded up a line with Pezz, Anderson, and White up front and Xhekaj and Struble on defense and told them to go have fun creating some chaos after the shit the Panthers pulled tonight.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Zegras gets smoked by a linesman while showboating

Josh Anderson needed to do more on that greasy play by the rodent Cousins. You’re the biggest guy on the ice, you’re arguably a top 10 heavyweight in the league!!! When a rat runs your linemate long after the whistle has blown, in your own barn in a blow out game??? Send a fu*king message!!! Instead of standing around with your gloves on doing the “aww shucks” routine, get in there and help Gallagher. Beat the shit out of Cousins when he got free. Do anything other than what he did - nothing.

If I was MSL, I would have loaded up a line with Pezz, Anderson, and White up front and Xhekaj and Struble on defense and told them to go have fun creating some chaos after the shit the Panthers pulled tonight.
Especially given how useless Anderson has become. Do something! You're not scoring. There's other ways to contribute

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
That’s not really the issue, it’s more like get the best spot available and get your odds up as big as you can considering where we are in the season. Winning games against a top team like Florida in garbage season time doesn’t make the team progress, proves nothing AND only keeps us further away from the top.

On the Tij front, if he’s the guy we want, then we can pick him with our 5th overall pick anyway. I see it like you do on the player, he’d be great here.

I disagree ,competing and beating top teams , especially when lead by your young core is very valuable for the future and a big indication of a trend .
I take that instead of a few more ping pong balls .
Also people have to keep in mind the percentages . It’s not as if we going from 80 pct to 10 pct !!!! Finish last and you got 25 pct chance to gets 1st

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

I agree.

I also cheer for us to end the season with the 5th pick (ottawa and Arizona in front of us) and see after the lottery but that was more a if we continue winning some garbage games at least it wouldn’t be SO bad to know they like Iginla, as he would be a pretty good consolation prize. But yeah, of course i would prefer the habs to get the best odds for the 1st/2nd or Lindstrom, Demidov.

Reactions: Gustave and Rozz

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I disagree ,competing and beating top teams , especially when lead by your young core is very valuable for the future and a big indication of a trend .
I take that instead of a few more ping pong balls .
Also people have to keep in mind the percentages . It’s not as if we going from 80 pct to 10 pct !!!! Finish last and you got 25 pct chance to gets 1st
True, percentages are small… but all points count in the grand scheme of probability. But point taken on that, yes.

I really felt like the Panthers just weren’t geared up for the game, rendering a little meaningless as we are playing with zero pressure since our season was mailed in for the past two months. I can’t see it as a move towards positive as a specific event to overcome.

Am I grasping at straws? Probably, this whole ordeal is just a load on the soul. Can’t enjoy my favorite team really takes it toll. I just want to avoid the « eternals » syndrome that plagues the majority of tanking teams that just stay bad forever. I’m not feeling « it » with last years 5th spot (other teams tanked HARD) and this near no man’s land spot.

Reactions: Runner77

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Why didn’t Arber fight? If you’re going to do it, this is the game with everyone on the Panthers running your teammates.
It seemed he was never on the ice when the FLA kitty kats were up to no good....more in the 3rd period than any other time.....
Was still hoping he would take care of things, maybe the bench said no????

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
It was a whole song and dance number.

LYXFRKW.gif
lol stop I only get my like button back in a couple of days

• Haha

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I agree.

I also cheer for us to end the season with the 5th pick (ottawa and Arizona in front of us) and see after the lottery but that was more a if we continue winning some garbage games at least it wouldn’t be SO bad to know they like Iginla, as he would be a pretty good consolation prize. But yeah, of course i would prefer the habs to get the best odds for the 1st/2nd or Lindstrom, Demidov.
Yea but I don’t consider winning a game against one of the best teams in the league a garbage game. Beating Buffalo or Arizona is .
In this game we saw our first overall pick stand up to their abuse and give it back . Those things Cary to following years . This is where winning trends start .

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Suck for the tank
Good for the rebuild

Can't wait for next year, we're adding pieces, we're confirming others.....and more to come.
You can see the team
Coming together. Like back in 2012-2013… we went from picking 3rd to picking 25th I think the next year. Boatload of young talent coming into their own plus I suspect a couple strong pieces coming up front. I think next season will be our turnaround season and next we’re making noise

Suck for the tank
Good for the rebuild

Can't wait for next year, we're adding pieces, we're confirming others.....and more to come.
You can see the team
Coming together. Like back in 2012-2013… we went from picking 3rd to picking 35th I think the next year. Boatload of young talent coming into their own. Next season will be a breakout and the next we make noise

Reactions: Milhouse40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad