WJC: PGT - Gold Medal Game - Sweden vs USA

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Top 3 players of the tournament for US?

Top 3 players of the tournament for Sweden?

Congrats USA on your win. Future is bright for American hockey.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
congrats usa ! very good run and show by you guys.

Canada looks forward to playing you (and beating) next year. :)

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Top 3 players of the tournament for US?

Top 3 players of the tournament for Sweden?

Congrats USA on your win. Future is bright for American hockey.
Sweden was Lundstrom, Forsberg, and Vikstrand

USA was Gaudreau, Gibson, and Trouba

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
I don't like it one bit, but a begrudging congrats to the US boys. They deserved it for being the only team that actually got better as the tourney went on.

I'm still so so on Jones, but Trouba was an absolute beast out there!

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Congratulations Team USA and Sweden!

Truly a well deserved Gold Medal for the Americans.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Gibson was the difference, at 6'3' he owns the bottom of the net.. Can't wait to see Jake McCabe in the Blue and Gold.... Can't have enough gold medal winners in Buffalo..

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I'm happy for the US and Sweden. They deserve it. Plus, it was nice to see Duthie and Mckenzies sour puss faces after the game after all the butt kissing we've had to listen to for weeks. You'd think our players walk on water.

Absolutely my friend. I am frankly getting sick and tired of TSN's coverage of this tournament. I am sick and tired of the butt kissing as well. I love Team Canada, but it gets nauseating at times watching the coverage.

Last edited:

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Congratulations Team USA and Sweden!

Truly a well deserved Gold Medal for the Americans.

Congrats to Team USA. I said last week, that i feared the Americans (when all the USA fans and other posters were ripping their team after the loss to Canada). I said Team USA with Gibson in goal can never be counted out, and that is what happened. Great coaching by Housley, and Gibson was a beast. Feel happy for them

after so many people trashed them last year for their 7th place finish. Hopefully
Canada can learn from the USA and repeat what USA did next year in Sweden. Congrats to Sweden as well since they were missing key players and still put up a great fight. Congrats for the Silver Sweden as well.

Fredrik_71

Dec 24, 2007
Sweden
Congrats to Team USA. You were the best team this tournament! Can't wait for next year. Its great watching the WJC and the hockey played at this level.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
So happy the team claimed gold. Amazing tournament for Gibson, Trouba, Gaudreau and Grimaldi. Small hockey players definitely proved their worth for team USA. Congrats to Sweden and Russia for medaling as well. Tough break for the Canadians, that team was stacked. Just goes to show you never know until you play the game.

Amazing game for Grimaldi at least

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
After the Canada loss I called Rocco Grimaldi the worst player I've ever seen.

Today he nets the equalizer and the winner.

Talk about poetic justice :laugh:

:dunce:

Rocco struggled most of the tourney. Stayed positive and kept working hard..

He comes up big when it matters most and helps his team win gold.

Proud of this kid. Shows what he's made of..

:)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If I remember correctly, it was Herb's father that said that to Herb. :laugh:

Having met Herb Brook when I was tending Bar in Canada many years ago in the late 90's, I recalled asking him about the 80 gold medal team. Quickly realized it wasn't a topic he was too interested in going into, perhaps he was tired of the continual repeated questions. But what was at first fear talking to because of how gruff he was portrayed in the TV movie, quickly turned into joy everytime Brooksie came in with other scouts. The man was the funnist down to earth man I had come across during my years pouring drinks. I know he is smiling looking down on a USA gold. The godfather of US hockey though he would beg to differ.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Congrats to the US, didn't get to watch the game today, but I know they ultimately didn't play a bad game all tourney. Nice job boys! Jones backs up his statement!

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Congrats to both teams,well deserved victory,usa had the edge players who won the game. Feel sorry for swedish goalie who let that second goal slipped in. Congrats for sweden u17 who won the wc today beating russia 7-5 in the final,went unbeaten true the turney.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
You know what is probably the most amazing?

The 7 D-men probably played better defense this game than their coach did in his life. :laugh: Gibson was fantastic, but he had a ton of support from guys blocking shots, getting in the passing lanes, and playing with active sticks.

Trouba is gonna be a stud. 2018 USA D at the Olympics is gonna be stacked. Vets like Suter, the Johnsons, Yandle, etc combines with Shattenkirk, Jones, Trouba, Fowler, Carlson, McCabe (hey, I'm a homer :laugh: )...this young group is ridiculously good.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Congratulations to the Americans. Well deserved Gold Medal. You could see in the Czech Republic game that they weren't going to lose again.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
They found their goals and worked as a team to get the GOLD. Way to go boys!!!

Great Tournament

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
I didn't think we would end up in the final because of the injuries we had before the tournament, so I'm still quite happy that we at least got the silver.

Congratz! :yo:

Last edited:

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
There were some ABBA, SHM praises and taunts flying around.

Only thing I would like to say.....leave SHM ALONE!!!....please. You're lucky they even perform in front of you Ba'''''s!!!.

Anyone that has a problem with Swedish house mafia you go through me!!!

1:20 for the win...dropping the hammer!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad