WJC: PGT - Bronze Medal Game - Canada vs Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nov 1, 2011
Hah, if the Canadians ever did that... Hoooo boy! :laugh:

Umm...we have done that...against the US a few years ago.

That tournament they started putting officials at the benches for cellys because there was an incident with a US player on the bench eventually swinging his stick at a Canadian (maybe the other way around) or something like that.

Mynameismark*

They taunt at the end of the game so that they dont get beat up. Classic russian cowardice.

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
Umm...we have done that...against the US a few years ago.

That tournament they started putting officials at the benches for cellys because there was an incident with a US player on the bench eventually swinging his stick at a Canadian or something like that.

Umm, they only did it after the US did it. And there were many tears shed over it too, so I'm not seeing your point.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Congrats to the Russians, it was a good game to watch!

Not sure why people are complaining over the taunting, Canada pulls their jerseys all the time and did it in the round-robin versus Russia.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
All this "classy" and taunting talk is funny, and the problem is overblown.
Taunting losing team after victory is better than taking a run at your rival... or swinging your stick.

They taunt at the end of the game so that they dont get beat up. Classic russian cowardice.
Btw this Canadian team was such a bunch of fake tough guys! :shakehead I remember some of Canadians tangling with Zharkov and embellishing every Zharkov's punch trying to draw a penalty. Pathetic!

Nov 1, 2011
Umm, they only did it after the US did it. And there were many tears shed over it too, so I'm not seeing your point.

Well, as stated, my point was that Canadians have done it so I don't need to imagine it.

I don't really need to play the who did it first game, I'm not a 4 year-old.

Btw this Canadian team was such a bunch of fake tough guys! :shakehead I remember some of Canadians tangling with Zharkov and embellishing every Zharkov's punch trying to draw a penalty. Pathetic!

I bet you are a real tough guy...stop talking **** about teenagers.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
True fanboy comment. He made a high risk play at the blue line and lost. Didn't backcheck as hard as he could and ultimately he refused to engage Nishuskin physically. Instead he tried to poke check the puck while hitting the brakes.

Murphy's action are more defensible given the speed and size of Nishuskin.

Well the fanboy comment is silly if you have read how many time I have critiqued Leafs players here. Visit the Grabovski thead friend, but you are a Habs fan? I understand why you would think so with the complaining you guys do around here about ice time.

Shawnathon

Jul 25, 2012
There's an NHL lockout and we can't even medal at the World Juniors? Could this year for hockey suck anymore?

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
People really that upset over some taunting/other silly actions done by teenagers in the heat of the moment?

calvinguy

Sep 12, 2010
Seems to me that team Canada lost because they lacked good defencemen and solid goal tending. Both of which allowed the Americans to take gold. Offensively we were good, although I can't imagine what it would be like if we didn't have RNH.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
That is it. We are going to war!
ColdWar1.jpg

America, you got our backs? or what?

Last edited:

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Well the fanboy comment is silly if you have read how many time I have critiqued Leafs players here. Visit the Grabovski thead friend, but you are a Habs fan? I understand why you would think so with the complaining you guys do around here about ice time.

No complaints regarding Gally from me - just trying to keep it real. I just thought that you went to great distances trying to absolve Reilly.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Canda pulls their jerseys every time they score. Now, it's unacceptablebecause the Russians do it?

Can you guys really be that biased?

It's not a double standard. Canadians would never taunt after an OT victory that eliminated the other team. They never have done that, and they never will.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Hah, if the Canadians ever did that... Hoooo boy! :laugh:
Really though. I love how when it's another country it's not a big deal, but if it's Canada it is. Sort of like when I saw an American fan come in this thread to post "USA USA USA". If Canada won and we went in the USA/whoever thread and did that, **** would go off.

Canda pulls their jerseys every time they score. Now, it's unacceptablebecause the Russians do it?

Can you guys really be that biased?
It's different pulling on your jersey when you score, you know, during the game, rather than when the game is over. The Canadian players that do that when they score, they don't skate over to the bench or do it directly in the face of the opposing team. It's a bit different. They just look like sore winners.

You'd never see a Canadian player do that when they won in OT, in the Bronze medal match to boot. Don't Canadian players look dejected when they come 3rd?

Denault was obviously in the wrong too.

The Overseer*

For any of my fellow Canadians whining and crying about how the Russian team acted today . . . until a Russian does something as despicable and pathetic as this to a Canadian, you should all keep your mouths shut.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
No complaints regarding Gally from me - just trying to keep it real. I just thought that you went to great distances trying to absolve Reilly.

Murphy too? I actually defended a Carolina prospect more from that post, he has been taking a beating this tournament, some of it justified, but that one play was a whole lot of bad luck, some good, and a great play by a very talented player. That's all I was pointing to, to posters that don't look at the detail of a play. The puck doesn't take a funny bounce and who knows it's a great play the other way.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
For any of my fellow Canadians whining and crying about how the Russian team acted today . . . until a Russian does something as despicable and pathetic as this to a Canadian, you should all keep your mouths shut.

Yeah, let's compare 1970's hockey to 2013, all while ignoring the vast differences in the sport between the two time periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad