WJC: PGT - Bronze Medal Game - Canada vs Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamaguchi*

I can understand all that joy and taunting.

The Russians have beaten Canada at WJC for 3 consecutive years.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I see a lot of people doubting Canadian junior hockey. I would argue we had the best team of individual skilled players. However we had far from the best team. We lost because our coach failed to properly utilize the talent he was given, and made poor decisions. For example: choosing Murphy in the first place. Starting Binnington after riding Subban all tournament. I know there is a very valid argument for doing that, but having your backup make his first start in a medal game is a mistake. Also, his line-up choices and ice time choices. Call me a homer all you want, it doesn't change the fact that Rielly was under-utilized. Spott used his 7th d-man as a top 4 guy. The fact that he did this because Murphy is his player in the OHL is so obvious it isn't funny

Yamaguchi*

Booing the US National Anthem.

The xenophobe himself. Oh, it must hurt him SO MUCH that the "soft russians" defeated Canada.
f60e902643459f0ea9758ec5065e.jpg

...this is just lunacy.
riot5.jpg

:sarcasm:

Who's that guy at the bottom? Is it a Canadian version of Bruce Lee?

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
Haha anyone else think Yak is going to have a huge target on his back with his terrible sportsmanship? I think he's gonna get smashed a lot by some big guys. Hockey players don't forget ;)

Remind me why? Because I just saw a really excited Russian player who just beat Canada on home soil. He wasn't one of the over the top players, like the one who were taunting the bench.

He will tone it down when he arrives in NA.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
There is no difference between then and now when it comes to intentionally breaking the other team's star player's ankle. It is a black mark on Canadian hockey and as long as we celebrate the '72 victory as we do, it will always be relevant.

But, Canada never shows poor sportsmanship these days, right?

4-0 goal, Marchand acts like he won Olympic gold in overtime and climbs the glass:

and, let's not forget:

I'm Canadian, but I can admit Team Canada has a long, long history of being *******s on the international stage.

You realize Tavares taunted the Americans IN RESPONSE to the US taunting the Canadian bench like 10 seconds before that?

Although I don't know why I'm explaining this. Its obvious the anti-Canadian posters on here can't even tell the difference between celebratin a goal during the game and taunting an opponent after a win, so this will no doubt be lost on them as well.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Man this thread really shows the dark side of a lot of people. Jesus you guys can bicker about anything.

Great game, wish it went the other way but I'm over it.

See you next year in Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad