Golf: PGA TOUR full schedule for 2022-23 season (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
English needs a win though to take 6th. Second place doesn’t even move him into 7th. And even if he wins, he could still be overtaken in the next few events. He might make the team, but I’m still unconvinced. His name power is low. Reed has bigger name power. If English finishes 4th tomorrow and doesn’t play that well in the playoffs, I’m not convinced he’s a lock to be a pick.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can't believe people are blaming English collapse on Bryson.

There are so many things you can blame Bryson for, but he's not at fault for English playing bad golf. Thats on English.

Bryson's ruling situation that put them out of position is something that any player is going to ask for. The Tour has to do a better job of accounting for this when putting groups on the clock. They need to do a better job of putting players on the clock who are deliberately playing slow as the reason why the group is out of position, and not putting guys on the clock only because there was a long ruling.

It also hurt Bryson's golf. Both of them collapsed.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
You have to finish top 125 to make the playoffs. Here's where some big names stand:

Adam Scott 121st FedEx Cup standings

Matt Kuchar 124th in FedEx Cup standings

Rickie Fowler 130th in FedEx Cup standings

Tommy Fleetwood 136th in FedEx Cup standings - Needs to finish top 11 to not lose his full PGA tour card.

Justin Rose 138th in FedEx Cup standings

Ryan Moore 142nd in FedEx Cup standings

Will Zalatoris is not eligible for the playoffs.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
Wow, I didn't know this part. Two top-10 finishes in PGA Tour events over the past year does explain it though.
He plays in Europe also and will still have a partial card/exemption, just not to all events. Zalatoris also played in Europe, but played so well here winning almost $4M that he has a full card next year.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kisner birdies the second to win. I want him on the Ryder Cup team.

Six in the auto spots, Jordan is a lock, Berger and Cantlay should be close to it. I want Simpson, Kisner, and Burns for spots 10, 11 and 12. I could be persuaded about Scheffler, Zalatoris, Finau or Reed to take one of their spots depending on what happens between now and when the team is selected.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Wish I could've watched this one.

Kisner has been mostly bad this year. Keep him away. As of now, I stand by the picks I had a month ago or so with Jordan, Pat, Cantlay, Webb, and Scheffler, except I'd swap Berger in for Wolff.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Kis is a proven matchplay stud and someone everyone likes. Feels like it would be a mistake to leave him off the team if he continues to play well in the playoffs.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Went to the Northern Trust Pro-am yesterday at Liberty National...what a golf course with insane views of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty. the clubhouse they ahve there is sick.

and I got to understand wich pros are truly good guys and which ones are dicks. Bryson, for all the flack he gets, is actually a legimitatley good dude. Was shaking hands with fans and even giving hugs to some of the kids and women. Was signing all autographs he could and chatting it up. Same with Spieth and Jon Rahm. Rahm stayed after the round signing and taking pictures and even took the public ferry back to Manhattan and was interacting with the fans on the ride home. Definitely more a fan of him now.

I like Brooks but he seemed like a dick, wouldn't sign anything even for kids and got out of dodge as soon as his round ended. Some guys like Kokrak and Brendan Grace were on their phones barely paying attention to the Amateurs shots. you definitely see these guys in a different light live.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Sunday looking very iffy with what will be Hurricane Henri in the vicinity.

092851.png

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
No fans allowed today, they keep pushing the start time back, now it's 11:30, huge mess.

I was supposed to go final round Sunday, sucks, especially more that it's the last of the Northern Trust and playoff golf in the Tri-State area.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
It's about damn time Tony!

For real, long overdue but good for him for having the best round out there today. This whole season really has been a season of long winless droughts broken and first wins and it's good to finally see that win from him in a big match.

Really surprised with Rahm's finish. He was dialed in for 69 holes and then couldn't hold it. I personally didn't think Finau and Smith were the type of guys to threaten to push him the way they did.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I'd say that Tony got lucky and was gifted this one, but after all these years I think it's better to say that his luck evened out at last.

And, lucky for him, there just so happens to be an extra Ryder Cup spot available now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad