Lightweight bout: Natan Schulte vs. Jeremy Stephens
Welterweight bout: Magomed Magomedkerimov vs. Gleison Tibau
Women's Flyweight bout: Dakota Ditcheva vs. Katherine Corogenes
Lightweight bout: Biaggio Ali Walsh vs. Tom Graesser​

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I've ragged on PFL a ton here in recent weeks. It's an absolutely awful business decision to go to PPV and the price point of $49.99 is simply outrageous. Not even sure if/how we watch in Canada, but since they thought a Friday night PPV would be a good idea I don't even have to bother looking since I'm not around. PPV numbers aren't really released anymore but I think 25k-50k buys is likely the range and maybe that's being generous.

For whatever reason I don't even find these fights compelling or interesting. It's not filled with top prospects coming up, it's mostly just kind of UFC/Bellator washouts. Despite all that, I was actually really looking forward to Harrison/Pacheco 3. Harrison has looked a bit bored in recent fights while Pacheco has looked excellent. It's still likely a Harrison win but maybe Pacheco could land one here.

I think PFL is a very poorly run company. Between the mishandling of the tournament fighters/Visa issue earlier this year and now this card, whoever is making the major decisions here is just bad at their job. I also don't like how they score tournament points as it creates pointless fights/rounds at the end of the season, but that's an aside. I'm not saying PFL is going to go out of business or anything, but I think we went from a time where PFL was pushing Bellator as the #2 promotion to them completely botching things here in 2022.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They might catch me drunk enough the day after thanksgiving to buy the PPV. Especially when there’s no other card this weekend

They are absolutely not deep enough to try and do PPV consistently

Reactions: MMC

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Gotta give credit to PFL for being willing to try stuff, but some of their ideas are so obviously destined to fail. 1 PPV is questionable enough, but to have a whole "franchise"? Yikes.

For this one, I think they are really overestimating the drawing power of Harrison and a bunch of UFC washouts. I'd probably be interested in watching this card because of those names, but to pay $50 for it? Nah.

Reactions: CDJ

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I'm not buying it.... even if the burgos/moraes never fell through I wouldn't have bought it and I'm a burgos guy. Maybe if it was $20 I'd be like eh screw it but I'm not dropping $50 on it.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
PFL pacing already sucks and these early first round finishes aren't helping lol

They might have something with Ditcheva... she's fought pretty well and she's looks... marketable.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Everyone saying he looked good.. until he didn't. I never thought it was a good match up but I tend to think Burgos would have worked him if that fight never fell through.
Would’ve killed him. Marlon’s chin is completely gone. He was dominating Sheymon imo and then the first time he got caught it was over

Sy vs Taylor is bad

Reactions: m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Magomedkerimov/Wilkinson/Delija parlay hits THANK GOD

I had my hottest hot streak followed by my coldest cold streak. Hopefully that’s over

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That hype train just came to a crashing halt

I wanted to sprinkle on Pacheco too, should’ve followed my initial instinct

Reactions: 16Skippy

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I was able to tune in for the final fight and Harrison outside of round one didn't really look anywhere close to as dominant as she has in her past fights. I completely agree with the judges decision Pacheco won that fight... I know Harrison had moments in the rounds but I thought it was pretty clear 2, 4 & 5 for her.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I didn't get to watch the fight but as @m9 mentioned, Kayla has looked bored/disinterested/unmotivated for a pretty good time now, and even though Pacheco's been around a while she does seem to continue to improve. I didn't realize this but Pacheco is actually four years younger than Kayla.

It'll be very interesting to see what happens from here. Seems like the money's good in the PFL but you feel like this loss really dampens any allure of Harrison going to the UFC, fighting Cyborg, etc.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Didn't watch the card. What were people's overall thoughts?

Would have liked to see the main event. Can't say I would have picked Pacheco straight up but really thought it was going to be more competitive than the odds showed. Nice to see her pull it off.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Would have liked to see the main event. Can't say I would have picked Pacheco straight up but really thought it was going to be more competitive than the odds showed. Nice to see her pull it off.
Not worth money. Glad I found a stream, even if it did crap out for the Delija-Scheffel fight

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Yea I completely missed it I thought it was today lol. I'll try to watch the main event if I can find it online, don't really care enough about the others to look for them TBH.

I can't believe they made this lineup a PPV.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I didn't get to watch the fight but as @m9 mentioned, Kayla has looked bored/disinterested/unmotivated for a pretty good time now, and even though Pacheco's been around a while she does seem to continue to improve. I didn't realize this but Pacheco is actually four years younger than Kayla.

It'll be very interesting to see what happens from here. Seems like the money's good in the PFL but you feel like this loss really dampens any allure of Harrison going to the UFC, fighting Cyborg, etc.

She has two fights for the PFL remaining so I'm assuming theyll do a rematch for one of them next year. She wins both of those and looks as dominant as she has in the past this loss will be overlooked. Could be a nunes type moment where she didn't think she could be beaten by Pena and the loss wakes her up. We'll see though.

Reactions: pistolpete11

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island

I got a stream and watched some of the Loughnane fight and the Harrison fight. Media is hyping it up saying they put on a good production and that the pacing got better on the main card. If it was $20 I'd honestly probably have bought but I'm not shelling out $50 for no names when I can just find a stream even though it was unreliable for a bit. I doubt they release the number of buys they got. I hope it succeeds more competition amongst promotions the better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad