OT: Peverley held out of Stars camp after ‘blip’ on EKG

Ribosome

Nov 29, 2008
Boston
I would think that in an otherwise healthy, professional athlete it would be quite difficult to miss this irregular rhythm. So, it probably occurred suddenly. I don't think the bruins staff should be at fault.

My son developed a wildly irregular heartbeat suddenly, and it was scary to him. We took him to the ER, and they gave him an injection (can't remember the drug), and after three hours, it 'reset' and he has had nothing since. Next step would have been the paddles if the drug had not worked.

Wow, glad he's okay. FWIW, I'd find out what that particular rhythm is, and the drug that corrected it (including dosage). Just in case something awful ever happens, the information will be available.

Likely epinephrine aka adrenalin.

Epinephrine would not be indicated since it would increase heart rate, and not correct the arrhythmia. My best guess would be diltiazem.*

* I am not a doctor.. yet.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I would think that in an otherwise healthy, professional athlete it would be quite difficult to miss this irregular rhythm. So, it probably occurred suddenly. I don't think the bruins staff should be at fault.

Wow, glad he's okay. FWIW, I'd find out what that particular rhythm is, and the drug that corrected it (including dosage). Just in case something awful ever happens, the information will be available.

Epinephrine would not be indicated since it would increase heart rate, and not correct the arrhythmia. My best guess would be diltiazem.*

* I am not a doctor.. yet.

"Ribosome". I do remember something from 10th grade science class, or was it called something else.:laugh: I like that word. Always reminds me of that short chubby teacher with a funny voice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad