• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
90+ for sure.

Absolutely will regress. Anyone who thinks he's shooting 19.4% for a whole year is completely out to lunch. Easily one of the most underrated youngsters on HF.

Garbage take as usual.

Fixed that last sentence for you. You're welcome.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Absolutely will regress. Anyone who thinks he's shooting 19.4% for a whole year is completely out to lunch. Easily one of the most overrated youngsters on HF.
Maybe you should actually tune in to a Canucks game and you will see one of the most purely talented young players in the NHL. Or you can just focus on shooting percentage, lol. His shooting percentage will go down but his team was hot garbage and his best winger was coming off a potentially career-ending back injury and suffered the whole year with a groin injury. Give him a fully healthy year, with healthy linemates and Quinn Hughes, and the sky is the limit.

I could honestly see him competing for the #2 spot in the NHL, a few years down the line, behind McDavid. He is THAT good.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Absolutely will regress. Anyone who thinks he's shooting 19.4% for a whole year is completely out to lunch. Easily one of the most overrated youngsters on HF.
So you must be making the assumption that he’ll also take less than 150 SOG for the rest of his career too.

Reactions: John Johnson

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I think he could be flirting with 85 ish points this year, very interesting to see what he will do this year. With a year of NHL hockey under his belt and a couple more pounds of muscle perhaps.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
In a vacuum or in Vancouver? Cause I'm really high on a future Boeser - Pettersson - Podkolzin line. Plus I rate Hughes incredibly highly & think he'll really help drive offense for that group if that quartet ends up spending significant time together in a couple of years.

I can certainly see EP cracking 90+ with two wingers capable of popping off for 40 and arguably the most dynamic non-Dahlin young blueliner; if all that comes together for them.

With average support I'd say 80-85, but I really love the theoretical synergy of that foursome.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
90+ seems a little low to have as the highest option for the vote. After all, he scored 66 points in 71 games as a 20yo rookie, which already is some 75p pace. It's reasonable to assume he can develop further.
Last swedish player to score 100p was sedins like 8-9 years ago. It doesnt happen often.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Something like Sean Monahan is what I would call his ceiling. Pettersson is a pretty good player but he tends to get way overrated.

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
His absolute ceiling is around 120 points.

I expect him to be a regular 95-100 point player throughout his career.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I honestly have no idea. But...i do find it funny when people sarcastically suggest "Gretzky". Not that i think Pettersson is ever going to be that caliber of player...but there's honestly quite a bit of similarity in the way they play. There's really nothing about either that would physically suggest that they're "elite" players...but both seem to have some degree of that awareness and vision of where everything is on the ice to overcome some pretty underwhelming actual "tools".

snu22fint

Jun 19, 2016
I think he will score at least 100p at some point. But maybe in like 2 or 3 years when everything is starting to come together for vancover. Maybe a bit optimistic, we'll see, but I'm pretty high on Pettersson so you gotta go with your gut feeling.

Also, he needs to get a bit stronger. Not to win puck battles or anything but more so to prevent injuries from ruining his career.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Do ppl that say he's overrated & bound to regress not realize the team he plays (played) on? Some fans go way overboard for sure, like all fan bases, but c'mon.

He literally had to replace both Sedins last year, as a rookie. Nevermind Vanek. And the team improved.

Reactions: bukwas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad