Pettersson Vs Marner

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I love marner, he does have Tavares and the odd time other top Scoring leads on the PP which helps but everyone in this league has players that help and he doesent rely on anyone. He’s their little engine that could very similar to gaudreau.

To me it has to be him until Petterson can be seen longer but how it’s projecting EP could be better in a couple years. He’s already so far ahead of the curve.

I don’t want to really go further then that in EP polls it’s been 35 games it’s way too soon.

Barzal has 85 points and people thought he would be right behind mcdavid based on projections and he’s quite a bit behind although he’s still great and could get to that group soon if he’s not already, that is right behind Connor.

But yeah I’ll go with a guy that’s proven over a few seasons, but EP if he keeps this kind of play over a long enough time it will be close and possibly him by that time.

Last edited:

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Well, considering you're one of the many Leaf haters who incessantly complains about too many Leaf threads on the main boards, I'd say that it's quite strange adding to the very "problem" that you've been vocal about in past threads.

Wouldn't you agree?...
I've "complained" just once before and that was as a joke. At least now I know that making a thread proves ones insecurity

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Marner is the better player now, toss up for the future.

Overall, went with Pettersson due to the cap saving for the next few years. If we ignore cap, i'd choose Marner pretty easily.

Reactions: AustonPowers

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
I love marner, he does have Tavares and the odd time other top Scoring leads on the PP which helps but everyone in this league has players that help and he doesent rely on anyone. He’s their little engine th could very similar to gaudreau.

To me it has to be him until Pettersen can be seen longer but how it’s projecting EP could be better in a couple years. He’s already so far ahead of the curve.

Pettersson is only one year younger than Marner, so it's not like there's a huge runway to close the gap. He'll likely take another step next year to get to Marner's level, but to improve enough in his sophomore season to leapfrog Mitch is a tall order. That would put him in the Rantanen/MacKinnon/Matthews tier and I don't think he's that good.

Mar 26, 2010
Pettersson is overrated. Marner is the better player here.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
All the neutral votes are you Nucks fans.

People voted Petterson over Eichel so don’t be surprised if they do it over marner. (Not that there’s a huuuuge gap between the two but you know what I mean) Could he better one day then one or then both? Maybe but I think it’s ridiculous to say he is already. I mean there’s some teams in this league he’s never even played.

Mar 26, 2010
People voted Petterson over Eichel so don’t be surprised if they do it over marner. (Not that there’s a huuuuge gap between the two but you know what I mean) Could he better one day then one or then both? Maybe but I think it’s ridiculous to say he is already. I mean there’s some teams in this league he’s never even played.
Eichel >>>>>>>>>> pettersson AINEC

Yeah, I guess that Vancouver is such a garbage team that the fans just cling to any ray of hope. Meh.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Eichel >>>>>>>>>> pettersson AINEC

Yeah, I guess that Vancouver is such a garbage team that the fans just cling to any ray of hope. Meh.

There’s tons of reasons for this though, they’ve been wanting s player like this since bure, and excitement like this since the WCE and then a good team since the seasons Luongo and they got all this in one blast to the veins in one year. Add in the constant hype from Rogers to promote hope (well warranted due to the insane sick talent) but add in those things and John garrett replaying every little thing he does it’s going to persuade a lot of people. Plus Canucks hate leafs I know tht living in BC and hardly watch buffalo (that explains the last poll) and yeah have an anti leaf bias just like leaf fans don’t watch much western and have east coast bias (a lot of them do) it goes both ways.

Like I said marner has proven to be great it’s not even halfway through the year and he has 50 points already, ep could be better next year or the year after it’s just way too soon to vote him And I’ve seen Petterson over 25 times this year if not 30.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Two of my favourite players, but this is Pettersson

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Marner now and probably Petterson in the future, kid is absolutely unreal and has an unlimited ceiling.

This is more a function of C>wingers than anything else though, I think Marner will likely be in a similar skill sphere. Kid has the skill of Kane and heart of Tucker/Gilmour.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Right so same could be said about any player? Pettersson is tracking much better than Marner at the same age in a harder position on a worse team.
Marner Has scored over 60 points his first Two years in the league. This year he has 50 points in 36 games. He's proved more then EP has so far. Some players regress Marner has improved every year. EP might or might not. That's why I picked Marner he's proven more and is better.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Well, considering you're one of the many Leaf haters who incessantly complains about too many Leaf threads on the main boards, I'd say that it's quite strange adding to the very "problem" that you've been vocal about in past threads.

Wouldn't you agree?...
Why are u so mad about a poll where ur boy is losing? Would u prefer nonsense polls designed for the Leafs player to win (like Matthews at 0$ vs Mcdavid)? Ur insecurity is showing.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Marner Has scored over 60 points his first Two years in the league. This year he has 50 points in 36 games. He's proved more then EP has so far. Some players regress Marner has improved every year. EP might or might not. That's why I picked Marner he's proven more and is better.
Ok so you vote Marner and I vote Pettersson. Obviously Marner has proved more he isn't a rookie where Pettersson is. Marner might be scoring more now but Pettersson plays a harder position on a worse team and having a historic rookie season so far, which leads me to believe that EP will be better once hes had 2 or 3 seasons in the league.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Marner’s better right now, pretty safe bet to be a high level scorer for a long time and he’s continuing to round out his game as well. They’re both fantastic ofcourse, but Marner may just do 100+ points this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad