Confirmed with Link: Pettersson Signs 8 Year Deal with the Vancouver Canucks, AAV $11.6M

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I am so glad we had Rutherford’s experienced hand leading this negotiation. He brought the sauce.

It’s clear to me that they were feeding just what they needed to via the media to put some pressure on Pettersson to sign when they otherwise couldn’t get him to engage. That’s what tilted the ketchup upside down.

The trade talk this week was a well-timed knoxk to the neck of the bottle.

Benning would’ve bungled the negotiation and traded him for trash.
Maybe.

Or Servalli just had a source who knew something.

I would guess that this was more about EP buying in and wanting to give the management team clarity for a crucial TDL.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
f***ing yes!!! Awesome news. Now let’s go about the business of winning a Stanley Cup here, boys.

Also - I’d like to cordially invite all the media talking heads who were negative nellies about Petey’s desire to be here / his friction with Miller / surprise of his teammates / weird he isn’t talking or signing / something weird is going on there…

…to kiss my ass. Best part of this deal is that we lock up a superstar center. Second best is that these talking heads can move on and stoke the flames of controversy for somewhere else for awhile.
To be fair, there was some weirdness around this signing...he pretty much needed to be coerced to come to the table and re-sign...and he does have a strange personality that could make people wonder where his head is actually at....but, give the media thread of uncertainty and they can turn it into an epic saga for the ages.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Is Pettersson entitled to a NMC next year because he doesn't have one.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 7.55.18 AM.png

Reactions: Indiana

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
To be fair, there was some weirdness around this signing...he pretty much needed to be coerced to come to the table and re-sign...and he does have a strange personality that could make people wonder where his head is actually at....but, give the media thread of uncertainty and they can turn it into an epic saga for the ages.

Oh, totally. But I think there’s some talking heads - particularly out east - who delight in twisting some knives on Vancouver. It was giving me flashbacks to the Luongo trade saga when Dreger would go on every day about how the Leafs wanted him but that the price was too high, etc etc and he was transparently trying to artificially deflate the market on him to help out his cousin who managed the Leafs at the time.

So much like then, I’m happy for those guys to find some new material to stoke flames on for a while.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Oh, totally. But I think there’s some talking heads - particularly out east - who delight in twisting some knives on Vancouver. It was giving me flashbacks to the Luongo trade saga when Dreger would go on every day about how the Leafs wanted him but that the price was too high, etc etc and he was transparently trying to artificially deflate the market on him to help out his cousin who managed the Leafs at the time.

So much like then, I’m happy for those guys to find some new material to stoke flames on for a while.
Yeah.

Anyone saying this was business as usual is out to lunch.

The vacuum of information was filled with speculation, as will happen in hockey crazed markets like the Vancouver.

Is Pettersson entitled to a NMC next year because he doesn't have one.

View attachment 828053
You holding on to hope that this is a sign and trade?

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
f***ing yes!!! Awesome news. Now let’s go about the business of winning a Stanley Cup here, boys.

Also - I’d like to cordially invite all the media talking heads who were negative nellies about Petey’s desire to be here / his friction with Miller / surprise of his teammates / weird he isn’t talking or signing / something weird is going on there…

…to kiss my ass. Best part of this deal is that we lock up a superstar center. Second best is that these talking heads can move on and stoke the flames of controversy for somewhere else for awhile.
Or thank the media for being part of the pressure that got the process moving. Without significant pressure from JR, Allvin and the media this isn’t a done deal right now

Reactions: Indiana

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas

For sure...I think some of the eastern media get a kick out of playing the heel and trolling Canucks fans because we do have a lot of clowns in this fanbase...and we all too often take their bait. I think ultimately the Twitterverse has eroded a lot of professionalism in journalism...these people have become pseudo-celebrities who care more about clicks than quality, professional content.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Very happy morning for Canucks fans. Also stoked to get this distraction over with so Pettersson can start focusing just on hockey again. 11.6 is a very good deal for Pettersson, he even taken a bit of a discount to make room for other Canuck transactions. Stoked about that.

Brilliant negotiation move by Canucks management that worked, threatening a trade to Carolina if he didn't start to negotiate. Genius.

Overall happy day in Canucks land, they get to keep their elite centerman during his entire prime years.

Perfect news to spend your final day in Mexico. Wohoo

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
For sure...I think some of the eastern media get a kick out of playing the heel and trolling Canucks fans because we do have a lot of clowns in this fanbase...and we all too often take their bait. I think ultimately the Twitterverse has eroded a lot of professionalism in journalism...these people have become pseudo-celebrities who care more about clicks than quality, professional content.

Agree 100% with everything you’ve said here.

I actually think our local media was fine. Donnie and Dhali were probably the most “provocative” of the bunch. But the Eastern / HNIC / TSN talking heads were insufferable.

But then, I’ve felt they’re all complete frauds who act on agendas of other people since the whole John Doe investigation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad