Post-Game Talk: Pettersson def. Kraken - 6-5 (SO) (Pettersson x2, Pederson, Boeser, Kuzmenko) (Petey SO Winner)

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Bruce is making it very easy for the fans to be happy to see his ass fired

Senile Bruce still has the ep, ak, im line broken up

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

Hard to tell which pair is going to have a worse night - OEL-Myers or Stillman-Burroughs.

1671763351331.gif

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
It makes no sense to continue to go to players who have continually crapped the bed and yet here we are. There's every reason to sit players like OEL, Myers, Stillman and Miller when they mail it in. Embarrassing players can be an effective tool when giving them a massively long rope isn't working.

All that said, if you want this team to draft high, then by all means, keep utilizing these players regardless of their play, as they are most certainly tank commanders. Stillman alone has probably cost the team a few wins.

The complete and utter disregard for putting in 60 minutes of work when playing at home should be enough proof that this iteration of the team is not worth trying to salvage. They're good enough to be in a playoff spot if they simply put in the effort. They wouldn't be great, or anything beyond first round fodder, but that's not what management and ownership is trying build. Their goal is the just to make the playoffs. The fact that these schlubs can't even rise to that pitiful level is evidence enough this group of players cannot be relied upon to do anything but bank their paychecks.
Sort of a chicken and egg thing...I think you can sit them but it won't change how they're performing because they were never in a position to succeed. Boudreau's doing Miller a disservice by making him play centre when it's clear he's a liability. Similarly, for some reason OEL and Myers weren't as good together this season as they were last season, but OEL's been saved by playing with Bear while Myers gets stuck with Stillman. All of these things contribute to players not putting in an effort because they either feel out of place or they make mistakes and feel worse.

It just makes it stranger that they've continued to go with this coach, and probably has to do with money. Most management teams put in their guy. Their guy tells them who does and doesn't fit in their system, and they get shipped out. Why Boudreau continues to coach is just a mystery to me, as much as I love his personality.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Best part of watching home games is seeing moron fans somehow surprised that they dropped 200 for a ticket etc only to witness a crapshow

Anyone that renews a season ticket for the garbage mickey mouse Canucks franchise is a fool

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Best part of watching home games is seeing moron fans somehow surprised that they dropped 200 for a ticket etc only to witness a crapshow

Anyone that renews a season ticket for the garbage mickey mouse Canucks franchise is a fool

Not specifically directed at you, but I’ve seen a glut of these sort of posts lately and they really bother me.

At least one kid is going to his or her first NHL game tonight, because their family saved up to take them out for a special occasion and simply didn’t have the luxury of waiting 8 years until the team is - maybe - good again.

And there’s other stories and other fans out there who go to any given game on any given night. It doesn’t make them stupid. And I think blaming fans for showing up to watch a hockey game is a really poor way for us as hardcore fans to voice displeasure at ownership.

Put another way - when those same fans are chanting “sell the team”, are they still idiots? They got onto a prime time TV slot and embarrassed our lunatic owner.

Anyway. Just my two cents, but I really think it’s in poor taste to call people who show up to games morons.

Petey But Really Jim

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Not specifically directed at you, but I’ve seen a glut of these sort of posts lately and they really bother me.

At least one kid is going to his or her first NHL game tonight, because their family saved up to take them out for a special occasion and simply didn’t have the luxury of waiting 8 years until the team is - maybe - good again.

And there’s other stories and other fans out there who go to any given game on any given night. It doesn’t make them stupid. And I think blaming fans for showing up to watch a hockey game is a really poor way for us as hardcore fans to voice displeasure at ownership.

Put another way - when those same fans are chanting “sell the team”, are they still idiots? They got onto a prime time TV slot and embarrassed our lunatic owner.

Anyway. Just my two cents, but I really think it’s in poor taste to call people who show up to games morons.
Can’t tell people how to fan, whether we like that or not.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Keys to the game -

Get goals early. This team really seems to ride or die on getting breaks going their way. Scoring an early one is crucial.

Stay out of the box.

Don’t play OEL, Myers or Stillman…but in absence of that, try and keep the puck the heck out of our end of the ice.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I'm chilling with family "My in laws", they have no Canucks on tv, but with the healthy scratch of Ethan Bear I am more than happy to boycott this game.

Seriously wtf is going on here? Pretty sad when a 30+ year Canucks fan is beyond embarrassed of the decision making of the team. Every move seems wrong.

Bear has been a positive on the defense. What the heck is going on here?

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

I wholeheartedly agree, hell even after I swore that I would never ever spend a cent on anything Canucks related my wife bought us tickets to a game which was expensive as hell (we live on the island) and, even though we won, was a bit too much of an obvious commercial cash grab (expensive Stellas!). It was cool to be subjected to the barrage of light and sound that accompanies any game there but really I would rather stay at home and drink better beer and the volume on 3. Still I DID enjoy the experience although I can't imagine I would care to repeat it anytime soon...

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm chilling with family "My in laws", they have no Canucks on tv, but with the healthy scratch of Ethan Bear I am more than happy to boycott this game.

Seriously wtf is going on here? Pretty sad when a 30+ year Canucks fan is beyond embarrassed of the decision making of the team. Every move seems wrong.

Bear has been a positive on the defense. What the heck is going on here?

He's just not that good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad