Pettersson + Dahlin vs Heiskanen + Laine

What Duo would you rather take?

• Total voters

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Swedes. Higher upside and fills the two most important positions. Although I can understand why people would take the Finns because Laine has so much more proven NHL experience. It’s pretty easy to default to the safer option of more proven players.
Revisiting this in a year though will be interesting. I think the Swedes will likely pull away once people see how good both of them are. I think the gap between Dahlin and Heiskanen will be much more obvious by then.

Reactions: Lowlife

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Swedes. Pettersson and Dahlin will be the two best players in a couple of years. In a couple of years:

Pettersson > Laine
Dahlin >> Heiskanen.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Swedes. Pettersson and Dahlin will be the two best players in a couple of years. In a couple of years:

Pettersson > Laine

Dahlin >> Heiskanen.
Laine is 7 months older than Pettersson.

Reactions: 1OApick

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I can understand the Laine>Pettersson but

Heiskanen>Dahlin?

giphy.gif

Reactions: dim jim

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I can't believe the Swedes are running away with this. Laine is better than Pettersson, Heiskanen is slightly better or the same as Dahlin.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
It’s crazy how two games can people go from saying Dahlin is the best defensive prospect in 20 years to Heiskanen being better long term.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It’s crazy how two games can people go from saying Dahlin is the best defensive prospect in 20 years to Heiskanen being better long term.

Longterm I'd take Dahlin/Pettersson and I'm a Stars fan. I think most people are voting on this season in particular though

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Longterm I'd take Dahlin/Pettersson and I'm a Stars fan. I think most people are voting on this season in particular though
Doesn’t the poll ask who’s going to be better going forward.

I’m a Canucks fan and going forward I’m willing to accept that I’d take Dahlin over Pettersson pretty easily.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I know I’m the OP but I’m quite surprised by everyone saying that the Swedes have a clear advantage in potential... IMO Pettersson bear peak potential is probably somewhere at Laines current level now and I believe Laine has much room to grow as well(in particularly he will likely get higher usage over the years and one of his major flaws which is skating isn’t actually looking half bad, IMO just off of the footage from game 1 Laines skating was actually extremely good for a player of his size and stature).

Pettersson's highest peak is 70 points?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad