Petterson vs. Bergeron

Who would you want moving forward

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elias GOATtersson

Jan 8, 2011
On the Canucks I'd take EP (not currently contending, wont be until EP moves closer to prime), on bruins I'd take Bergeron (currently contending and he's Patrice Bergeron...). "going forward" is meaningless though, obviously you take the player with more than twice as long of a career remaining...

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
For the next 3 years? Bergeron
For the next 10 years? Petterson

I think Pettersson has a case that he's a better overall player than Bergy right now and considering Bergy turns 34 this year, you'd be betting on him in his Age 35-37 season over a young stud like Pettersson.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I think Pettersson has a case that he's a better overall player than Bergy right now and considering Bergy turns 34 this year, you'd be betting on him in his Age 35-37 season over a young stud like Pettersson.

i like Pettersson a lot, but the only stat he has Bergeron beat in is goals.

Bergeron has 53 pts in 41 for 1.29 ppg
Pettersson has 53 pts in 48 for 1.10 ppg

Bergeron has much better possession numbers while having a much higher d-zone start %. In addition to killing him on faceoffs (57% to 41%)

Bergeron scores at a higher rate while being the best defensive forward in hockey. As of today, Pettersson is still looking up

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
i like Pettersson a lot, but the only stat he has Bergeron beat in is goals.

Bergeron has 53 pts in 41 for 1.29 ppg
Pettersson has 53 pts in 48 for 1.10 ppg

Bergeron has much better possession numbers while having a much higher d-zone start %. In addition to killing him on faceoffs (57% to 41%)

Bergeron scores at a higher rate while being the best defensive forward in hockey. As of today, Pettersson is still looking up

I mean switch Bergeron and Pettersson teams and linemates and their point totals probably look a lot different. I guess I wouldn't fault anyone for taking 37 right now, but if I had the choice for a guy for the stretch run and playoffs i'm taking Pettersson.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I look forward to Bergeron's 1st ballot hall of fame induction, just for the HFBoards meltdown. :laugh:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Depends on what your situation is?

For 80%+ of the teams it will be Pettersson AINEC.

For a team like Tampa who is basically loaded everywhere, they would likely prefer Bergeron for cup runs.

On the Leafs, I'd definitely take Bergeron lol because he always burns them. Take him away from Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad