Petri Kontiola

Faktisti*

he's a great finnish player. absolutely amazing 22-years old who plays in chicago next season. he is a center and he plays in finland's wc team in moscow. he has just perfect center offensive skills, moves the puck like ovetchin, he is also fast. he has done points allmost every game this year in finlands team in european tour and now in world cup team the first match and 1+2 points. better keep your head up because he is now and will be a super star in NHL for years!

comments please.

Talentless Practise*

I think you are selling him short in your assessment. Ovechkin has nothing on Kontiola. He is going to be the superstar people talk about. He has better puck poise than Skoula.

WOTR

Jul 26, 2003
In all acutallity, I appreciate your optimisim and am glad you post your opinion, despite the sillyness of how eager this post started.

The Fuhr*

I like Kontiola and think he is really talented. Too good for the league he is in because the linemates just don't think the game like he does.

I compare Kontiola to Nylander. I could see 20-25 goals a year from him to go along with 50 assists.

Faktisti*

I like Kontiola and think he is really talented. Too good for the league he is in because the linemates just don't think the game like he does.

I compare Kontiola to Nylander. I could see 20-25 goals a year from him to go along with 50 assists.

well i agree. nylander looks pretty much same, eventhought he has become a star just this and last year. would kontiola be a next saku koivu?

The Fuhr*

well i agree. nylander looks pretty much same, eventhought he has become a star just this and last year. would kontiola be a next saku koivu?

I would have to see Kontiola at the NHL level to see if he compares to Koivu. Koivu is not afraid to get his hands dirty and plays through physical contact at the NHL level, have to see if Kontiola can handle that physicality of the NHL game before one can make that comparison.

Faktisti*

he has been in every european cup tournament and i'm sure he can make it nhl. i havent never seen him tackling anyone, but in this new NHL im sure he will enjoy. he sees the ice perfectly

Faktisti*

i have to say that there are no wedish player who is more talented than kontiola. niklas bäckstrom might become better, but as we all know. some prospects never make it to the nhl

Joretus

That's actually very good comparation. I mean Kontiola will never be "leading" player, his personality is quite easy going and he is always just having fun, etc. But Kontiola could turn up to be really good 2nd line center for good team or 1st line center for a bit weaker team. He is having abilities which most of players don't have. Awesome vision and skills. He is getting better in moving and hitting&getting physical.

But you never know how going over to NA will turn up. Since it's always about so many things.

Joretus

I would have to see Kontiola at the NHL level to see if he compares to Koivu. Koivu is not afraid to get his hands dirty and plays through physical contact at the NHL level, have to see if Kontiola can handle that physicality of the NHL game before one can make that comparison.

I wouldn't compare him to Koivu. Koivu is more leader than Kontiola is. Koivu have better agility as well. Don't think physical playing will be problem in physicalway, but we'll see how Kontiola will adjust to smaller rink etc. And already now Kontiola have better vision than Koivu, prolly skills are better as well, but otherwise Koivu is better player and Kontiola will have long way even to come close to Koivu.

Faktisti*

incredible game by kontiola again! now petri kontiola has played two games making points 1+5=6 points

Faktisti*

russia will play hard, but finland has great goaltending and playing as a team. when russians get bored they will stop playing and finland will win 4-2

kontiola 1+1
peltonen 2+1
koivu 1+2

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I don't trust the Hawks judgement on us FINNS

Ruutu and Salmalainen

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I met him at Harray Carray's (same place where I met Daze a few years a go... kinda weird) He had an Alan Iversonesqueness around him because he dominated SM-Liiga and HIFK.

He tried to brush me off when I talked to him... not a nice guy.

Faktisti*

oh come on, everybody knows now that salmelainen cant play at nhl level, but ruutu! bad in juries! he got talent, but next year will be great. but what comes to kontiola he is way different player than salmo. salmo has only speed. kontiola has creativy, he sees the ice better than no-one. u will see.

i also think that salmo will play next season in nhl. if he wont make it top he will go back europe, but if he will he will stay, it is possible cause salmo has also good shot!

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Ruutu is a great player.. Plays with so much passion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad