Confirmed with Link: Petrell Leaves Edmonton

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Swiss league teams pay much more than Finnish teams can afford. Switzerland is also a nice country overall and the players do not have to travel as much as in KHL where there are teams from Siberia to Croatia. Money and comfort make a good package. In KHL it would have been only money and in the Finnish League only comfort.

So why now? Just seems odd that he didn't go their sooner or even during the lockout.

Either way all the best to him.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
or smithson, I'd rather have had petrell then jones. I think petrell's D zone and PK ability are more needed on this team right now.

You're absolutely crazy. The difference between the two is exactly what MacT talked about; everyone on the ice has to be a threat to score. Jones is. Petrell isn't. I like him (Petrell was an excellent penalty killer) but he just got completely lost in the offensive zone even though he seems to have a killer shot.

Petrell's the kind of guy who you shed from your lineup as you leave the NHLs basement. Jones is a decent 4th line guy on a playoff team.

I did really appreciate Petrell's effort, don't get me wrong, he just lacked offense to a degree that was a deal breaker no matter what he brought defensively.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Could take a pass, but couldn't make one. Could stop offense but couldn't push the puck the other way in any reliable way.

Just another one of Tambelweeny's talent-lacking soldiers.

Was dynamite on the PK though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad