Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
If DiLorio gets picked by Sarnia, the Petes need to pick the BPA (Valentini?).
Try and convince him to come but if he doesn't then trade him as a defected player for a boatload of picks and get the #5 compensatory pick next year.
Next year will be another season full of growing pains for these young Petes so missing out on a 1st round 2008 this year won't make a huge difference. The picks they get would go a long way in acquiring players in the future when they are back in their competitive window.
Not sure how things will go but it should be an interesting draft.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
If DiLorio gets picked by Sarnia, the Petes need to pick the BPA (Valentini?).
Try and convince him to come but if he doesn't then trade him as a defected player for a boatload of picks and get the #5 compensatory pick next year.
Next year will be another season full of growing pains for these young Petes so missing out on a 1st round 2008 this year won't make a huge difference. The picks they get would go a long way in acquiring players in the future when they are back in their competitive window.
Not sure how things will go but it should be an interesting draft.
I really hope they pick the BPA and they report. Getting one of the top 2008 born players fits the window a lot better than two 2009s.

Oke has done a phenomenal job so I trust his decision making.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Ogie Junior

Apr 6, 2020
Is anyone really surprised with the level of entitlement from the younger generation? Teams buying into it will only make it worse in coming years. Call their bluff and force their hand.
I was in attendance in 1989 for the draft when Soo Greyhounds selected Lindros. That started it all when you talk about being entitled.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Colin Fitzgerald signs with USHL's Green Bay Gamblers. The OHL and CHL is getting a loud and clear message that they aren't the be all and end all league. Never were with the NCAA option. But as a Petes fan it sucks that the OHL can't draw from the best players available, even the local ones.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
The Petes are still in a great spot at 3, even if Wassilyn is Niagara bound. 2 or 3 impact players still available. Get one to commit today. With four 2007 firsts on your roster, a lot of ohl fan bases envy your position.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
The Petes are still in a great spot at 3, even if Wassilyn is Niagara bound. 2 or 3 impact players still available. Get one to commit today. With four 2007 firsts on your roster, a lot of ohl fan bases envy your position.
I would just take Valentini and try to get him to commit. Wilson talks all the time about how the Petes program is great and players now want to come here, so in that case they should put those words to the test

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I would just take Valentini and try to get him to commit. Wilson talks all the time about how the Petes program is great and players now want to come here, so in that case they should put those words to the test
Yeah you have to take one of Wassilyn or Valentini and recruit. It worked with McTavish. Petes have a good case to make with the 07 class.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Will be very interesting to see how this works out.

If you can't get Fitzgerald to commit over the summer, are you releasing him/trading him so that you can get the compensation pick?

If you're trading him, what kind of return can you expect to get for a Peterborough kid, that won't play in Peterborough?

Obviously I hope he comes here, but of all the flyers you could have taken, this one may be the hardest to trade (for a good return) with his commitment to Green Bay.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Not sure I get that pick if he’s committed to Green Bay is he even gonna change his mind for any team in the ohl?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Had this prepared because I thought we were taking him.... May as well put it to use.. if u get him over the boy can shoot.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Well let’s hope Fitzgerald commits and if so this is a great pick for the Petes! big kid, fantastic shot and shows up in big ways when the lights are the brightest!

Reactions: Zebra

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I’d have to imagine there’s a decent chance they think he’s going to commit. Going the defected player route doesn’t fit the rebuild the best. He’s a Peterborough kid who seems very excited about the OHL. Maybe the USHL thing was to avoid Sarnia (nothing against Sarnia).

I’d have to imagine Oke would have went with one of the Wassilyn or Valentini if he wanted the comp pick.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Looks like the Petes drafted the son of Edmonton Oilers legend Ryan Smyth!

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Looks like the Petes drafted the son of Edmonton Oilers legend Ryan Smyth!

Coached by Justin Williams, whose son was also on the team.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Well... Let the recruiting begin!
1713050765505.png
1713050796517.png

Last edited:
Reactions: frontsfan67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad