Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I understand the dynamics with age, overage situation, where the Petes are(n't) at in their window etc... but I still find it hard to think Sztuska won't be back as an OA next year.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
You'd never think the Petes are a rebuilding , rookie laden team and the Attack loaded with veterans today.
Well played by your boys.

Nice to see Nico and Martin today .

Ogie Junior

Apr 6, 2020
I understand the dynamics with age, overage situation, where the Petes are(n't) at in their window etc... but I still find it hard to think Sztuska won't be back as an OA next year.
Wouldn't he have more value as a trade chip and then you could ride Bowen for the next 2 years?

Reactions: Section5Petes

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Brilliant road win last night in Owen Sound and with 5 defensemen to boot. The Petes future on the backend looks very sweet with so many young defensemen who can play a this level as 16/17 year olds. Nice goals by Page who has earned some points this year after 2 years of toiling on the 4th line. Stuzka again with a solid game. and McCallum is an all-around player and 1st class pain in the ass. Glad he's on our team lol.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
OMG !!!
Agree with this a billion trillion percent
I watched your team beat OS last night, and the few times I've seen your team, I've noticed he is quite animated on the bench, yells alot. While Wilson just looks annoyed with him and is fairly calm. I wonder what happened out west.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
I watched your team beat OS last night, and the few times I've seen your team, I've noticed he is quite animated on the bench, yells alot. While Wilson just looks annoyed with him and is fairly calm. I wonder what happened out west.
Yeah i agree with for sure. Wilson, Verner and Walser all seemed to be one cohesive unit with similar mannerisms and habits on the bench. Wonder if there is an avenue this offseason for Nate Oke to transition to an assistant coach/skills coach and Walser can head back to the bench as an assistant again. However I would probably say the likelihood of Walser returning is very slim as he relocated the family out west so there probably is a better chance of trying to get another bench job out there

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
remember when you guys where pining for signing chris quizi?

not sure that rye is all that great but this guy isnt better.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I just love our team !
We play our guts out every night everyone gives their best -so much heart and grit.

We got good lads and we are going to rule the world next year or year after.

When Mayer was a Pete he was rushing the puck -going end to end -wicket shot from the point and a good hard hitting D man.

Watching him last night-he was a shadow of his former self. Either he was having an off night or Ottawa is not using him to his best ability.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Watching him last night-he was a shadow of his former self. Either he was having an off night or Ottawa is not using him to his best ability.
Speaking of their former self, Stonehouse seems a lot more composed this year for Ottawa. I know last year when I said it seemed like he took an obscene number of dumb penalties, 67s fans said that wasn't the case and it just happened more against Peterborough.

Curious what they think of his game this year, if it's viewed as same as last year, more composed than last year and better overall or less effective than last year because he isn't under everyone's skin quite so much. His numbers are also down quite a bit from last year but that can always be chalked up to other factors.

Basically, he felt less noticeable - in a good way to my eyes but maybe not to 67s fans eyes. Side note, it was fun watching him and McCallum chirp a couple times, like settle down boys you're basically the same player lol

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
For the record, Stutska played exceptionally well last night. I really like all of the 16 year olds. They may not all turn out to be elite type players but a few of them have size and you cannot trade for size easily when they are 18 and 19 so I think the Petes have the potential to be pretty scary in a couple seasons.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Speaking of their former self, Stonehouse seems a lot more composed this year for Ottawa. I know last year when I said it seemed like he took an obscene number of dumb penalties, 67s fans said that wasn't the case and it just happened more against Peterborough.

Curious what they think of his game this year, if it's viewed as same as last year, more composed than last year and better overall or less effective than last year because he isn't under everyone's skin quite so much. His numbers are also down quite a bit from last year but that can always be chalked up to other factors.

Basically, he felt less noticeable - in a good way to my eyes but maybe not to 67s fans eyes. Side note, it was fun watching him and McCallum chirp a couple times, like settle down boys you're basically the same player lol

Ottawa has a horrible habit of playing to their opponent. They are not naturally a physical team so when the opposition doesn’t play them physically, they don’t play physical. When the opposition steps up the physicality, Ottawa responds. So, in a game like last night where there really wasn’t any chippy play, Ottawa keeps it chill. IMO, that is a bad trait. It gives weaker opponents a crack to skate through. Ottawa doesn’t play like there is blood in the water often enough. But, Ottawa is a smaller team up front so they probably cannot commit to being physical 100% of the time.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Some injury news for the Petes. Captain Jonathan Melee underwent shoulder surgery yesterday after a collision with Sam Mayer against Ottawa Thursday night and is unfortunately out for the rest of the 2023-2024 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad