Peterborough Petes 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
It really depends on the player going to the Petes that will determine the # of picks.
Hopkins & 2nd?
Martin.
See DelMastro for comparison. Before last season, one top 5 picked 16 yr old was traded at the January window over 20 years.
If it is anyone but Tyler Hopkins it should be 2 2nds 2 3rds. That includes Battaglia, Frasca.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Thinking 2 forwards getting released before Thursday n have to let go 1 OA any thoughts who?l
Thinking 2 forwards getting released before Thursday n have to let go 1 OA any thoughts who?
I doubt the Petes will release any overagers prior to Thursday. They will likely trade Jax Dubois at the start of season if they decide to keep all three of Connor Lockhart, Sam Mayer and Michael Simpson. I could see them keeping Cam Gauvreau into October and then making a decision of whether to keep him and trade Sam Mayer.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
I doubt the Petes will release any overagers prior to Thursday. They will likely trade Jax Dubois at the start of season if they decide to keep all three of Connor Lockhart, Sam Mayer and Michael Simpson. I could see them keeping Cam Gauvreau into October and then making a decision of whether to keep him and trade Sam Mayer.
Any chance Tucker Robertson will be back, otherwise where would he play?

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Any chance Tucker Robertson will be back, otherwise where would he play?
I know Rob Wilson raised the possibility of Tucker Robinson in his interview with the Peterborough Examiner. If he was to return I believe the Petes would keep him for the year. I think they would also keep Connor Lockhart and Sam Mayer (they have to keep an overage defenceman) and trade Michael Simpson. However I have not heard anything about him being a potential overage recently.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Tucker Robertson scored for the Kraken !

Beauty pass from David Goyette and Robertson burries it
Tucker Robertson will be remembered in the coming years as one of the best Peterborough Petes of all time. He has a bright future in the NHL.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
I know Rob Wilson raised the possibility of Tucker Robinson in his interview with the Peterborough Examiner. If he was to return I believe the Petes would keep him for the year. I think they would also keep Connor Lockhart and Sam Mayer (they have to keep an overage defenceman) and trade Michael Simpson. However I have not heard anything about him being a potential overage recently.
Any chance that they keep Simpson and trade Stuska? I am aware that Stuska is not an overager.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
London now ranked #2 on the Owen Beck Power Rankings

Interesting - I would say that could be close to proper value if Michael Simpson was included in the trade. Not a bad trade though is Simpson was involved.

Right now, if that trade was presented, I would think that was his value last year. Remember, Owen Beck is now a rental and not a 2 year player, so that kind of value is different.

Also, O’Rielly and Nichol have value so that’s why I said it might be overpriced. We fully expect them to take a big step similar to Easton Cowan, Logan Mailloux, and Oliver Bonk, coming out of Jr B to the OHL.

Reactions: LDN

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Couldn’t they have atleast kept
Him around for the banner raising ?

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I'll reserve judgment until we see how Bowen does / how the goalies shake out but much of the talk in here has been that the Petes have some solid goalies in the pipeline but a lack of guys who can provide much offense. I would have liked to have seen them try to address that here and see what Stzuska/Rye can show but maybe that wasn't an option in this deal.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
I'll reserve judgment until we see how Bowen does / how the goalies shake out but much of the talk in here has been that the Petes have some solid goalies in the pipeline but a lack of guys who can provide much offense. I would have liked to have seen them try to address that here and see what Stzuska/Rye can show but maybe that wasn't an option in this deal.
I have to assume at this moment that Sztuska is the starter and Bowen is the backup so where does that leave Rye?

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Like the trade.....Happy for Simpson and now the Petes are down to 4 OAs to start the season.
Lockhart, Dubois, Gauvreau and Mayer

Only 3 can dress for each game but I'm guessing that Gauvreau and Mayer won't sit out until Konnor Smith returns from his injury - they'll need as much veteran presence on the back end as possible. I guess Lockhart could play back on defense though.

OK........so now what happens in goal?
Sztuska 2004
Bowen 2005
Rye 2006
Johnston 2007

Will another goalie trade happen or does Easton Rye play in the OJHL or GOJHL?

Reactions: Section5Petes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad