Speculation: Peter mueller on bruin's radar?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Would the LA Kings bring in Mueller or go with a prospect from Manchester? also, Mueller was not exactly great at last months IFF tourney won by the Russians in Belurus. Pass. this is the problem- the Kings call up kids even if the struggle, they play...sure they don't win Presidents trophies and won 2 Cups with an 8th place and 4th place finish but they let the yutes develop and actually make mistakes and correct them

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
What is the IFF? Who did Mueller play for?

I generally agree with what you say and think Spooner/Koko/Warsofsky would likely be on any other teams roster but what do the Bruins have to lose gambling on Mueller?

I fully admit I'm still in awe of 18 year old Mueller but he's not your run I the mill project signing. I guess the same could be said of Gilbert Brule though.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Would the LA Kings bring in Mueller or go with a prospect from Manchester? also, Mueller was not exactly great at last months IFF tourney won by the Russians in Belurus. Pass. this is the problem- the Kings call up kids even if the struggle, they play...sure they don't win Presidents trophies and won 2 Cups with an 8th place and 4th place finish but they let the yutes develop and actually make mistakes and correct them

I`m guessing Chia`s call to Nedved to convince him of one last year went unanswered:sarcasm:

Agreed, Mueller is/was one of those players who had many of the "experts" talking about but injuries just did him in. Why on earth would Chia want to see if he can sustain a healthy season, low cost or otherwise?

And let`s be honest, he wouldn`t have posted half those numbers with Everett if it wasn`t for our 8th overall pick.....Hamill:sarcasm:

jmeehan1985

Jan 3, 2012
We lose out on Iginla and we go after Mueller. I'm all set I'd rather make a trade to fill our top 6 hole that this team desperately needs. Package something around Marchand and go get that top 6 forward.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

Generally I agree with this premise, but there's a serious organizational hole at RW (specifically right handed shots). It doesn't seem likely we'll see a 10:2 ratio of LH to RH shots among forwards. Maybe it works out that way, but it's not ideal.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I'd take a gamble on him if he's cheap. Better to wait it out, his demands are probably still higher.

He might be content to play in the Swiss league again, but he might get more desperate. We need every nickel right now.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'd be very interested provided he can play RW. The Bruins are in no position where they can pick and choose players with a lot of cap flexibility. They need to get in on these boom-or-bust type of players. I can't think he'd be demanding much for his contract (both cap hit and term). I could really see this turning into a Pouliot type of move, which actually worked out quite well.

beantowndan

Nov 30, 2008
move loui to the top line and have a 3rd line as soderberg-spooner-fraser....and see if you can trade CK to get rid of his CAP HIT.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Yeah .. but then you take Reilly Smith, and trade him to replace Marchand, then Lucic to replace Smith. It's the perfect system.

Smith is still a questionable top 6 forward at this point. Border line 2nd /3rd line tweener. In my opinion, Bergeron was dragging him along the entire way. Second half of the year was absolutely dreadful. Still had a real solid playoff. But, I think Smith is more suitable on the third next to the Yeti.

At least Marchand is a proven top 6 winger. Perennial 25 goal scorer, you can place him against top pairings, and a game changer when hot. I'm not saying you, but a lot of people on these boards get Smith and Seguin confused. RS18 is no where near the level of Seguin in any sort of aspect of his game.

With that said, I like Smith. A lot. I think the kid has potential, but still a huge question mark.

Last edited:

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
I'm a big Mueller fan. Always liked the kids game. Injuries and being on teams that had trouble developing young guys was the problem for him. My problem with Anderson's article is his title. There is no evidence that Mueller is on the Bruins radar so why give the article such a name.

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
I'm a big Mueller fan. Always liked the kids game. Injuries and being on teams that had trouble developing young guys was the problem for him. My problem with Anderson's article is his title. There is no evidence that Mueller is on the Bruins radar so why give the article such a name.

I've heard conflicting reports about muellers skating...how is it? Is he fast?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad