Peter Luukko to be named Executive Chairman

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Last edited by a moderator:

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
Not sure what his job entails but he sure seems qualified for whatever Viola needs him for.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
If anybody has the pic, feel free to share. I could use a good laugh today. :laugh:
FpAFI1U.png

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Another good read on Luukko:

Luukko, 55, resigned as COO of the Flyers’ parent company on Dec. 2, 2013 in a move that surprised just about everyone around the organization. He cashed out his stake in those Comcast-Spectacor business ventures and invested in other new ones, including in-arena 50-50 pioneer Point Streak, among others, which kept him busy.

His relationship with Flyers chairman*Ed Snider*went back to 1985, when Luukko was hired to run the Los Angeles Coliseum. Many observers, perhaps even Snider himself, viewed Luukko as the heir apparent to the Comcast-Spectacor empire.

Now, a proud and fervent hockey fan will have a new team to cheer.
http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs/frequentflyers/&id=290942451

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I wonder if he'll take point on the county talks? No offenSE to Cifu but I think the well is poisoned between him and the county.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
David Neal
@DavidJNeal
#FlaPanthers Lukko says there's 90 percent renewal of season tickets. (OK, who's going to take the empty net goal on this one...)

"I think we sent a great message to coaches, players and fans that we were a buyer at the trade deadline." -- #FlaPanthers CEO Lukko

"We've got fans here, they're looking for an excuse to come to the game." -- #FlaPanthers Luukko. #NHL

#FlaPanthers Luukko says "If we had made the playoffs in Philadelphia 1 time in 11 seasons, we wouldn't have had anybody there, either."

Tallon likes the #FlaPanthers depth down the middle and on the blueline, says they need speed and scoring. And goaltending. #NHL

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
David Neal
@DavidJNeal
#FlaPanthers Lukko says there's 90 percent renewal of season tickets. (OK, who's going to take the empty net goal on this one...)

"I think we sent a great message to coaches, players and fans that we were a buyer at the trade deadline." -- #FlaPanthers CEO Lukko

"We've got fans here, they're looking for an excuse to come to the game." -- #FlaPanthers Luukko. #NHL

#FlaPanthers Luukko says "If we had made the playoffs in Philadelphia 1 time in 11 seasons, we wouldn't have had anybody there, either."

Tallon likes the #FlaPanthers depth down the middle and on the blueline, says they need speed and scoring. And goaltending. #NHL

90% renewal of season tickets at this time of year is good right?

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
David Neal
@DavidJNeal

Finally someone says it. People judge our attendance issues like we haven't gone through an unprecedented drought.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: