Peter Holland vs Nazem Kadri

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
And SHOULD be the 4th line playing now!

One of the main reasons the team is so easy to beat is that Carlyle only uses his 4th line for 5-8Mins a game. Can we all just admit it now that Orr and McLaren really have no business being on this team right now? What have they done to earn those spots?

Throw up a 4th line as you've suggested here, let them eat up 10-14Mins a game, and use their energy and hunger to make the team.

And to answer the original question....you keep both Holland and Kadri; unless you get an offer you can't refuse. Kadri is unquestionably the better offensive threat, but from what I've seen this year, and of Holland when he played with Guelph, Peter could be the better all around player in the long run.

I completely agree.
Say goodbye to McLaren and Orr
Lines should be 1. scoring, 2. scoring, 3. defensive.
4th line playing 7-10 minutes/games features those inexperienced players getting used to the pace of the NHL.
Ashton-Holland-Leivo

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
Keep both. Kadri has gotten it going and when he is on his game he's the best player on the ice. You can tell when Naz is on his game when he's getting physical and chippy and cocky. His confidence was down but after 3 points in the last 3 games I'm not worried about him. We are so quick to throw him into trade proposals looking for number 1 centers but I truly believe this kid will be it. He's only 23. Let's groom the kid because he's gifted offensively, the defense will continue to come with experience and so will face-offs. He hasn't even played 100 NHL games yet. You can tell Kadri is getting slower because the full 82 game schedule is tiring him up a bit. As he gets older he'll know how to be a professional and what it takes to play effectively and take care of your body over a full season. Hopefully the management continues to put him in a position to succeed and give him winger support because having chemistry with your wingers is huge for a center's offensive output.

As for Holland, he has a great shot, has improved his skating ten fold since I've watched him play for the Storm and Norfolk. I like how he can read the play to get into scoring situations and chances and hopefully he continues to improve as a playmaker as I can see him as a 2 pivot in the future. Again for centers, finding that chemistry with a winger will be great for Holland and hopefully a guy like Leivo can be that guy.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
Keep both. Kadri has gotten it going and when he is on his game he's the best player on the ice. You can tell when Naz is on his game when he's getting physical and chippy and cocky. His confidence was down but after 3 points in the last 3 games I'm not worried about him. We are so quick to throw him into trade proposals looking for number 1 centers but I truly believe this kid will be it. He's only 23. Let's groom the kid because he's gifted offensively, the defense will continue to come with experience and so will face-offs. He hasn't even played 100 NHL games yet. You can tell Kadri is getting slower because the full 82 game schedule is tiring him up a bit. As he gets older he'll know how to be a professional and what it takes to play effectively and take care of your body over a full season. Hopefully the management continues to put him in a position to succeed and give him winger support because having chemistry with your wingers is huge for a center's offensive output.

You do realize Kadri has played 141 NHL games right?

He's not getting slower due to an 82game season, what a horrible excuse. The reason he's not doing as well this season is he's playing the better players on opposing teams, and they've learned how to play him. If you honestly believe Kadri will someday be the #1C here, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. But, if he's truly the best option to be a #1C here, then there's little hope for this team IMO. Enough of the lame excuses, Kadri is not the player many hope he will be, he will settle into a nice Grabovski/Ribeiro type career; which really is pretty damn good as well. Folks really need to lower their expectations of this kid.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
You do realize Kadri has played 141 NHL games right?

He's not getting slower due to an 82game season, what a horrible excuse. The reason he's not doing as well this season is he's playing the better players on opposing teams, and they've learned how to play him. If you honestly believe Kadri will someday be the #1C here, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. But, if he's truly the best option to be a #1C here, then there's little hope for this team IMO. Enough of the lame excuses, Kadri is not the player many hope he will be, he will settle into a nice Grabovski/Ribeiro type career; which really is pretty damn good as well. Folks really need to lower their expectations of this kid.

IMO Kadri's ceiling falls somewhere between Frans Neilson/Mike Ribeiro.
Good player but hardly one I wouldn't use if an upgrade was available at any key position.

e84*

Kadri's a legend in his own mind though... doesn't that count for anything?

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Not sure about the Kadri hate around here. I would hold off til the end of next year before making a decision on him.

Would be totally Maple Leaf for us to trade him and him to have a Matt Duchene rebound on a different team next year.

Seguin and Kessel were both given three seasons in Boston before they were traded.

Trading our 23 y/o drafted player who is the only one in the system with #1 potential shouldn't be a top priority.

Answer: Keep both

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad