Peter Holland - Taylor Beck - Michael Latta

FlyLife

Nuthin but a G Thang
May 23, 2008
Livin the High Life
All 3 are playing well for the Guelph Storm and are 2009 draft picks...Holland in the 1st by the Ducks, the other 2 in the 3rd by Nashville.

Has anyone watched the Strom enough to have a scouting report on these guys? Any NHL projections for them? Thanks

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Latta, He is pretty versatile, can play C or RW. I would say 3rd or 4th liner potential. He's good in the dirty areas and goes to the net and has decent foot speed.

Beck, Big LW but doesn't play a big game. His shot has come a long way since being drafted. Potential 2nd or 3rd liner. Hasn't blown me away in terms of speed but he isn't slow and sees the ice well.

Holland, Some nights he looks like a man among boys and others you don't notice him as much. He has great vision and plays a pretty well rounded game but isn't really a game breaker or anything. Consistency is what will keep him away from any top line. Beck has out played him this year imo. 2nd line C tops

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Holland, Some nights he looks like a man among boys and others you don't notice him as much. He has great vision and plays a pretty well rounded game but isn't really a game breaker or anything. Consistency is what will keep him away from any top line. Beck has out played him this year imo. 2nd line C tops

IMHO...arguably Holland is the most talented but the least motivated!
What's you're opinion?

Canuck71*

I don't know about anyone else, but I see a lot of Dave Bolland in Mike Latta. Very similar players

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
I actually work for the team.

Peter seems pretty motivated every game, he just can't find the consistency. I say eventually he will be a 2nd line center. Which means he will sit nicely behind Gets on the Ducks

When Beck was drafted his biggest weakness was skating, it was pretty bad. He has worked on it tremendously and is now probably an average skater. I see him as a potential 2nd/3rd line winger.

Latta has probably been the best of the three this season. Shown some scoring promise along with some toughness. I think he is a third or fourth liner with some offensive upside, maybe being able to fill in when injuries strike.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
IMHO...arguably Holland is the most talented but the least motivated!
What's you're opinion?

Oh yeah. He is by far the most offensively gifted of the 3, he just doesn't always show it. Some shifts he looks like he's physically dominating and others he is shying away from the physical play. Maybe it is just a motivational thing? idk.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON

Peter seems pretty motivated every game, he just can't find the consistency. I say eventually he will be a 2nd line center. Which means he will sit nicely behind Gets on the Ducks

When Beck was drafted his biggest weakness was skating, it was pretty bad. He has worked on it tremendously and is now probably an average skater. I see him as a potential 2nd/3rd line winger.

Latta has probably been the best of the three this season. Shown some scoring promise along with some toughness. I think he is a third or fourth liner with some offensive upside, maybe being able to fill in when injuries strike.

get me good tickets...:help: lol

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Well..you know what the scouting report was on Getz and he didn't turn out so bad. Hope we can get Holland pointed in the same direction.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Holland had a great game tonight, played physical every shift and had a few really good chances. Beck played the worst of the three but he was pretty frustrated with 2 broken sticks when he had good chances and a bad penalty call.

On another note, Murphy was the best player on the ice last night. Holy does this kid have some wheels. Even when he was on the bench he was standing up looking ready to jump back out. I think he sat down maybe twice all game.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
How does Taylor Beck compare to James Neal? Could he have a similar NHL career?

I don't think so, I haven't seen a whole lot of Dallas the last two years but Neal plays a physical game and is a better skater then Beck from what I've seen.

Beck isn't small but he doesn't play physical. He is the type of player who always seems to be in open space. A lot of his goals have been one-timers and rebounds. imo Latta and Carroll open a lot of ice for him and I think he'll need that in Nashville to be successful.

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
I don't think so, I haven't seen a whole lot of Dallas the last two years but Neal plays a physical game and is a better skater then Beck from what I've seen.

Beck isn't small but he doesn't play physical. He is the type of player who always seems to be in open space. A lot of his goals have been one-timers and rebounds. imo Latta and Carroll open a lot of ice for him and I think he'll need that in Nashville to be successful.

Thanks.

Statistically Neal is kind of an odd one...i would say that his numbers at the OHL and AHL were fairly mediocre considering what he's doing in the NHL.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Thanks.

Statistically Neal is kind of an odd one...i would say that his numbers at the OHL and AHL were fairly mediocre considering what he's doing in the NHL.

Not really, Neal's game is perfectly suited for the NHL. His last season in the OHL was pretty good statistically.

gopreds19

Formerly gobears19
Nov 10, 2008
Houston

Sound like perfect Predators. The whole lineup is filled with 3rd liners.

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
Holland had a great game tonight, played physical every shift and had a few really good chances. Beck played the worst of the three but he was pretty frustrated with 2 broken sticks when he had good chances and a bad penalty call.

On another note, Murphy was the best player on the ice last night. Holy does this kid have some wheels. Even when he was on the bench he was standing up looking ready to jump back out. I think he sat down maybe twice all game.

Interesting, I thought Holland was fairly invisible. He had a nice assist but wasn't consistent shift to shift. Latta worked hard every shift, you can see why he's the leader on the team, great heart and sould guy. At the OHL level he's got good skill, at the NHL level he won't necessarily be able to dangle around dudes but I really like him, big and skilled, I think he's my fave of the three.

And yeah Beck was weak last night but he's really improved year to year.

Go Richard Panik

He had a fantastic game. Was named first star, scored a goal and the shootout winner. Many times he used his size well and some gamesmanship on his part won the Storm a penalty. He took a bad one as well so I guess it evens out, if he can rein in the shenanigans he could be a mini-Ruutu with better offensive upside. Great addition to Guelph, really helps make us a good two line team.

Carroll is a real nice OHL player, great positioning and always makes the smart play. He is super consistent shift to shift the only downside being that his level is fairly average. But like I said a real good OHL player to have on your team.

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
Btw does anyone have any opinion on Matt Finn, 16 yo defenseman for the Storm? Not a holocaust in his own end and solid PP and point producer for a real young blue liner, I think he's gonna break out next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad