Peter Holland Pt.2

mikebel111*

Hate when people make up things to rip a player

Player A is good, so lets trade player B because he is this, he is that

Continues

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Holland now at a 22gl/44pt pace as a leaf.

Kinda looking like a turris-ish pickup for the leafs here.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Holland now at a 22gl/44pt pace as a leaf.

Kinda looking like a turris-ish pickup for the leafs here.

Great comparison.

Hopefully he continues to develop, but even then where does he fit.

If he ends up peaking as say a 50 pt bozak centre, where does he fit?

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
Great comparison.

That was the issue in Anaheim: Where does he fit?

Here...2nd line Centre, leave him there with Lupul and let him develop. He has been fairly impressive at both ends of the ice, and is starting to gel here. I think many around here forget that he's been developing with Anaheim for many years now and is ready to stay up as an everyday NHL centre; he just needs time to develop and learn from mistakes at the NHL level. He's got a good head on his shoulders and looks to have very good Hockey IQ. If he can get you 50pts as a 2nd line Centre, that's not too shabby.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
That was the issue in Anaheim: Where does he fit?

Here...2nd line Centre, leave him there with Lupul and let him develop. He has been fairly impressive at both ends of the ice, and is starting to gel here. I think many around here forget that he's been developing with Anaheim for many years now and is ready to stay up as an everyday NHL centre; he just needs time to develop and learn from mistakes at the NHL level. He's got a good head on his shoulders and looks to have very good Hockey IQ. If he can get you 50pts as a 2nd line Centre, that's not too shabby.

Oh I agree for now, but once both Bolland and Bozak are back fulltime(Bolland will be back by about end of january lets say) Where will he go? You cant really put him over those two yet, unless he becomes significantly better than Bozak.

It's not a bad problem by any means, but I think it means he would have to go to the wing once that happens, but that will be very useful come playoff time.

wulfio*

Oh I agree for now, but once both Bolland and Bozak are back fulltime(Bolland will be back by about end of january lets say) Where will he go? You cant really put him over those two yet, unless he becomes significantly better than Bozak.

It's not a bad problem by any means, but I think it means he would have to go to the wing once that happens, but that will be very useful come playoff time.

make a 4th line that can actually score

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Great comparison.

If he's a Turris-type defenceman, he'll be able to used in a shut down role as well. Ottawa has been successfully using Turris in that role, and, I'd love to have someone as versatile as him.

Two centres in Bolland and Holland with high versatility is excellent. If it wasn't for Bolland's health, I'd even prefer having those two as our one-two punch, while we groom a depth scoring centre in Gauthier. This is long-term of course, but we'd be legitimate contender IMO.

Holland
Bolland
Gauthier

I could see JVR and Kessel being long-term fits on the wings. If we can draft and develop our prospects, we may be able to form a Getzlaf-esque depth scoring line that was critical in Anaheim's cup year.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011

Well at the risk of offending some very thin skinned Kadri fans, Dave Bolland is PERFECT as your 3rd line centre, working PK and taking defensive end faceoffs. If Holland slumps, Bolland is also the perfect guy to move up to the 2nd line. Bozak will be with JVR & Kessel, the chemistry is there, so like it or not that won't change. And McClement is a solid 4th line Centre that can also work the PK and move to the wing on the 3rd line if needed. SO...Bozak, Holland, Bolland, McClement

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Well at the risk of offending some very thin skinned Kadri fans, Dave Bolland is PERFECT as your 3rd line centre, working PK and taking defensive end faceoffs. If Holland slumps, Bolland is also the perfect guy to move up to the 2nd line. Bozak will be with JVR & Kessel, the chemistry is there, so like it or not that won't change. And McClement is a solid 4th line Centre that can also work the PK and move to the wing on the 3rd line if needed. SO...Bozak, Holland, Bolland, McClement

So bye bye Kadri ?

mikebel111*

Yeah its a bad thing to have kadri and holland as centres on ur team.

We can have
Kadri
Holland
Bolland/bozak
Mac

That will upset u though

I am starting to get the feeling that people that called him a bust, are mad that he turned into an NHL player and a good one at that. So now they want to get rid of him.

And than bring up he is lazy, bad on D, turnover machine and all that fun stuff

Frankly, i dont believe there is a single prospect that has been more heavily scrutinized in TO than Nazem kadri

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Great comparison.

U take kessel away from bozak and he isn't even close to 50pts. Holland has been unreal loved the deal when it happened, thing I like about him best is he won't just give the puck away, he will pass back to our d whereas other players just dump and chase or try and do to much. Trade is a potential to be an absolute fleecing, however, holland didn't fit in Anaheim so I don't think there to worried

I lawl at the people who consider keeping bozak over Kadri so comical

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
So bye bye Kadri ?

Well I did suggest in the other thread that they may want to utilize his upside in a package for a Solid #2 defenseman. Unless you can move Bozak. But the way I look at it, Bozak is quite under rated, and the evidence is there: He has great chemistry with JVR and Kessel; Kadri has absolutely none.

Peter Holland has shown, in his short time here and for many seasons in Anaheim's systrem, that he is developing a very good 2 way game and showing signs of great offensive ability. He is getting better with every game, and certainly hasn't looked out of place.

When it comes to Kadri, when you suggest trading him around Leaf Nation, that automatically means you don't value him...untrue. Kid's got talent out his arse. I'm not a fan of his personality and have seen enough of him to not really like his overall game. However, his upside is quite attractive and may be a great piece in a package.

Someone also mentioned Gauthier. So with Bozak most likely going nowhere anytime soon, Holland developing a strong 2 way game (Which the Caoch will like), Hopefully Bolland signing long term, and Gauthier developing quite nicely...where does Nazem Kadri fit long term? If you could turn him into a Solid #2 defenseman in trade, would you not at least look at it?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
You could sell high on Kadri, allow him to take the #2 spot, or put him back on the wing (can play C if/when injuries occur).

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
You could sell high on Kadri, allow him to take the #2 spot, or put him back on the wing (can play C if/when injuries occur).

I would move him to the wing as well. But again, who loses their spot: JVR, Kessel, Lupul, Raymond?

mikebel111*

Well I did suggest in the other thread that they may want to utilize his upside in a package for a Solid #2 defenseman. Unless you can move Bozak. But the way I look at it, Bozak is quite under rated, and the evidence is there: He has great chemistry with JVR and Kessel; Kadri has absolutely none.

Peter Holland has shown, in his short time here and for many seasons in Anaheim's systrem, that he is developing a very good 2 way game and showing signs of great offensive ability. He is getting better with every game, and certainly hasn't looked out of place.

When it comes to Kadri, when you suggest trading him around Leaf Nation, that automatically means you don't value him...untrue. Kid's got talent out his arse. I'm not a fan of his personality and have seen enough of him to not really like his overall game. However, his upside is quite attractive and may be a great piece in a package.

Someone also mentioned Gauthier. So with Bozak most likely going nowhere anytime soon, Holland developing a strong 2 way game (Which the Caoch will like), Hopefully Bolland signing long term, and Gauthier developing quite nicely...where does Nazem Kadri fit long term? If you could turn him into a Solid #2 defenseman in trade, would you not at least look at it?

Many seasons? Look at GP he played before trade. U are just making things up now. Kadri has chemistry with them just inconsistent. Which means he needs time. Ur acting as if bozak is no 1 C. Sorry to let u know but he is not. Plus randy likes nazem. Also gives him PK time on occasion.

Guess u hate people with confidence. Irritating when people go after someone's personality and post that he is selfish.

Looks like u were expecting kadri to be great every game as first line C.

So you want this

Bozak (below average first line C)
Holland (good 2nd line C)
Gauthier (great 3rd line C potential)
Mac ( excellent 4th line C)

Dont like that. Kadri as atleast 2nd line C looks much better

mikebel111*

Kadri is much better as C. Talent wasted as winger but ofcourse that means we trade him because he cant be centre on this team

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Carlyle has never used Kadri as a C but didn't Kadri play his Marlies career as a winger? Try Holland as C for Kadri and Lupul. Shift Clarkson down to 3rd line and shift Kulemin down to 4th and create a stronger 4th line that is more about strong cycle with some offensive upside (which means getting rid of McLaren and Orr).

Or maybe try shifting Holland to wing.

However way you want to try it, I think Holland is earning top 6 opportunities. I want him in the line up and wouldn't mind shifting him all the way to 4th if means keeping him up but I worry if using him in a 3/4 role as a regular will be a disservice to his potential. It's kind of like many not wanting Kadri playing bottom 6 minutes and preferred him in the Marlies because he wasn't 'ready' for a top 6 role. I don't think Holland comes with the same kind of upside but do you treat the situation differently?

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

Lol this place is nuts. Kadri has no chemistry with Kessel, but Bozak (who is statisticly proven to decrease Kessels production) does? Oh please. Bozak has had 3 years to grow "chemistry" with Kessel, Kadri has had what, 10 games? The reason the leaf's have had such a losing culture about then for SO long is because of trades like this suggestion. You do not trade 23 year old players because you MIGHT have a 22 year old one who maybe can hope to match his production.

Want an example? How is that Rask trade working out? I heard Pogee (cant spell) was the franchise goalie of the next decade?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad