Peter Forsberg

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
Most likely a top 50 talent, but not a top 50 career. Lindros and Forsberg have a career likeness on the injury front as far as games missed go.

Games played
Year Forsberg Lindros
94-95 - 47 - 46
95-96 - 82 - 73
96-97 - 65 - 52
97-98 - 72 - 63
98-99 - 78 - 71
99-00 - 49 - 55
00-01 - 73 - 0
01-02 - 0 - 72
02-03 - 75 - 81
03-04 - 39 - 39
05-06 - 60 - 33
Totals - 640 - 585

Lindros has been more affected by his injuries, while Forsberg is just about as good as ever when healthy, but he's still only playing 5 games more a year than Lindros, and Lindros had two seasons before Forsberg joined the NHL.

At their peak both Forsberg and Lindros are top 50 possiblities, but are looking at the top 100 fringe on a career level, if that.

MartinFr

Feb 16, 2006
Kalmar
As a fan of Peter it's hard to go against him. I rank him as one of the greatest over the last 10 years (yeah, he's behind Jagr, Yzerman, Sakic, Roy, Brodeur etc but he's still up there..)

He's got amazing talent, is a true warrior and it's a shame that he's been injuried so much, but hopefully the last surgery will make him stay healthy.

Ogopogo*

Forsberg is #76 on my all-time list. If he could stay healthy, I am sure he would be top 25.

Bluesfan1981

Mar 21, 2006
USA
Even with all the injuries, I think he's top 100. If not for the injuries he would be in the top 50 easily.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
I'd rank him top 20.
He has won 1 hart, 1 art ross, one calder, has had the overall highest scoring pace the last 5 years in ppg.

He has won 2 cups, 2 Wch and 2 Olympic golds. And mind that outside NA the Olympics often is the most valuable trophy.

He is a true champion and dominates the game in all possible ways. In pure talent there's just the big 3 that's ahead of him. (Let's wait and see what Ovy and Crosby can come up with)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'd rank him top 20... In pure talent there's just the big 3 that's ahead of him.
:pullhair: threads like this drive me crazy!

because it makes me wanna say critical things about a hockey player who deserves nothing but praise

I can say I've never seen someone protect the puck as well as he has, nor absorb a hit as well when not dodging them

Top-75 all time, and he'd make my Top-25 playoff warrior list.

espo*

Top 25 for me no doubt.He's one of the best players i've ever witnessed.Just a great all around 2 way centre.
His career has been injury riddled but does'nt mean a thing to me really........i only go by what i see the player can really do and how effective they are when they are at their best.In that sense,Forsberg is one of the best players i've seen since watching hockey.if i'm building a team and Given a choice between a Jagr and Forsberg at their best i pick Forsberg.That's how high a regard i hold the guy in.I know i'm in the minority around here with that but for me Forsberg was a better player then Jags pound for pound.He always loses those polls against Jagr around here and i don't know why.He always loses the prime against prime polls against Lindros too and that really baffles me.

I remember getting my first look at him at the world junior tournament in 1993 and within about 3-4 shifts i was thinking........"man,is this guy gonna be something else" And he was.

Just a great player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad