Peter Forsberg vs Stan Mikita

canucks4ever

Mar 4, 2008
Jean Beliveau was getting more hart votes because he was the golden boy playing in the media market. How could he be more valuable than Mikita when Stan was putting up better offensive numbers and played better defense, and he did it with lesser teammates.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Jean Beliveau was getting more hart votes because he was the golden boy playing in the media market. How could he be more valuable than Mikita when Stan was putting up better offensive numbers and played better defense, and he did it with lesser teammates.

The "lesser teammates" thing is overblown. Mikita played with Pilote, Hull, and Hall. The only other top 100 player Beliveau played with in the 60s was Henri Richard. Granted, the Habs had secondary stars like Cournoyer and much more depth, but it's not like the difference between the teams was so huge as people are trying to claim.

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Fetisov stated that "Forsberg is one of the best hockey players of all time, and I don't think anyone has been as good as he was when he was in his prime. I've played against him a lot of times, so I should know".

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/article6665962.ab

and earlier, there were threads about Foppa being the Swedish Gretzky

so this poll isn't as far fetched as it was made to be at the beginning

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
and earlier, there were threads about Foppa being the Swedish Gretzky

so this poll isn't as far fetched as it was made to be at the beginning

I'm sure the fact that Fetisov is trying to get Forsberg to sign with his team in Moscow has something to do with his statement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad