Confirmed with Link: Peter Forsberg elected to the HOF

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hockey Hall of Fame @HockeyHallFame
Blake, Forsberg, Hasek, Modano, Burns & McCreary elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame. hhof.com

Congrats, Foppa! :handclap:

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Congrats Foppa, you deserve it! Pat Burns finally made it in too which I'm happy about and Lindros got another snub. Losing Hartnell and Big E getting left out of the HOF in the same day? Steer clear of the Flyers forum folks.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Congrats to Foppa, but the best news for me is that the late Pat Burns finally made it, it's a joke he didn't get this honor while he was still with us.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Good class and fully deserved. I never put much weight into first ballot but Hasek and Forsberg were no brainers. Both were about as dominant during their peaks as you can find. Scary winner types.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Like many Denver kids growing up in the mid-to-late-90s, the combo of him and Joe pretty much made my interest in hockey go from nonexistent to all-out obsession. Congrats Foppa; when healthy, you couldn't find a better player in the world.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Good class and fully deserved. I never put much weight into first ballot but Hasek and Forsberg were no brainers. Both were about as dominant during their peaks as you can find. Scary winner types.

thumbsupobama.gif

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
When healthy he's the most dominant player I ever got to watch live. He's the reason I love the Avs and I'm so happy for him.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
The only time I ever got to see Forsberg play was during his brief comeback attempt in 2008 and it was pretty amazing to watch him then, so I can only imagine what it must have been like to be an Avs fan and watch him come along all those years.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Congrats Foppa!

It was a true privilege to watch him play for our team. I was in awe pretty much every time he was out on the ice. There will never be another one like him.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Honestly, as a long time Nordiques fan as well, it's incredibly satisfying to hear that Forsberg is getting into the Hall right away and lindros is still not getting in. (rightfully so, in my opinion)

I'm sure Karl and Bonnie thought it was well worth it. :laugh:

Sometimes, be careful what you 'hold-out' for. Hahahaha Sucked in [MOD]!!!

Congrats to Peter, well deserved!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad