Peter ČereÅ¡ňák vs Martin Marinčin

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Mathletic, Mar 20, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Mathletic

Mathletic Registered User

Just asking Slovaks how they'd compare the 2. Marinčin was more highly touted I guess but is ČereÅ¡ňák just as good?

2. Zine

Zine Registered User

From red line report

http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot.com/2011/01/red-line-report-scout-radim-jelinek_24.html

3. Krotak

Krotak is the Legend

I watched a few games of U20 HK Orange youth team in Slovak Extraliga. At the beginning of the season he was not the best, like whole team of youngsters. However after Christmas they improved a lot (team was almost completely changed, but Čerešňák remained), they won some games and even Čerešňák played better with new team-mates.
    Anyway, I think he's more defensive defender than Marinčin.

PS: A lot of people was surprised that Marinčin is such a star in WHL this season, because he wasn't so dominant in U20 last season. I hope Čerešňák will be similar. You know, participating of U20 team in Slovak Extraliga help to our youngsters and then they play a good hockey in CHL teams (Marinčin, Šťastný, Cingel), so in my opinion he will have no problem to play in CHL junior league in Canada, like the others.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  4. Czechexpert

Czechexpert Registered User

Marincin was key D(and easily the best D) last season on Slovakian U-20 in Extraliga and top four D at World juniors. Ceresnak hardly made the team for World juniors and looked awful in Extraliga before Christmas. I agree that he played better with new teammates in February though. However Marincin is simply much much better prospect.