Pesce - Why no thread?

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, in a different thread, I think Dave said he was 22 in college, which is assigned to Boychuk currently. I'm going to go out on a limb and say 22 just might be available next year. :laugh:
I think his Twitter handle still has 22 in it and that he was #3 in Charlotte. Should have just gone the double number route and requested #33. Pretty sure Babchuk won't be coming back to claim it (or 48 for that matter).

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I believe it was the plan all along to give him breaks, as he's 18 and they aren't looking to physically grind him into dust over the course of an 82 game season.

I agree. After his first healthy scratch, Peters mentioned there will be other times in the future as well so this isn't a surprise. Plus, they really don't want to let 1 guy (Jordan) sit for to long without getting a game or two).

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I believe it was the plan all along to give him breaks, as he's 18 and they aren't looking to physically grind him into dust over the course of an 82 game season.

I agree absolutely and think it's a good plan. He shouldn't be insulted Jordan plays ahead of him, and I'm sure Hanifin respects Jordan. I think when he sits in favor of anyone, regardless of what they told him ahead of time about sitting this year he likely feels the pull to play well enough so they don't want to sit him again.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I simply threw the Jordan line out there in response to:

It has to be keeping his humility in check to see a guy like Pesce play the way he has and get in the game over him.

Did I forget the :sarcasm:?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
last time i was this excited about a young defensive prospect looking like a surefire future top 4 player, jamie mcbain was making the nhl his playground!

raynman

Jan 20, 2013

I think before the Ottawa game Forslund and Tripp insinuated that Hanifin might have a minor lower body concern as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad