PES or EA FIFA

PES or FIFA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I prefer fifa because that’s all I’ve played and it’s available on EA pass.

I usually end up playing every 2-3 years and will play whatever the latest available on ea pass is

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I prefer fifa because that’s all I’ve played and it’s available on EA pass.

I usually end up playing every 2-3 years and will play whatever the latest available on ea pass is
I played FIFA 13 and 17 because I like single player only - manager mode. FIFA 17 felt magnetic and PES 21 which I just tried on a whim has more enjoyable ball physics and that kind of thing...
PES doesnt have the rights to all logos and club names, but has the players.
Haven't played the newest fifa so not sure how it handles, but PES21 is the better 'feel'.
imo.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
PES 4 and 5 on the OG Xbox are the best football games I've played. The use of downloadable Option Files really made that game.
Yeah... I always like non-ea sports games because ea version felt so scripted on rails and magnetic.
Hockey, NHL2k8 was my favorite hockey. The SEGA NFL was incredible and 20 dollars and EA knew it so they crushed them with the rights agreement rather than make a better game.
FIFA ea has the rights to everything and some stuff is cool but just playing PES after season after season of FIFA I feel like I'm playing an actual sim style football game. Who cares what the team logo's look like because of a corporate giant only allowing one developer to make the 'official' games...
Don't care about online or fantasy or whatever they offer in FIFA I just want manager mode or whatever mode they call it where you run the transfers and contracts and strategies and play the games for several seasons... basically until all the big names retire and then you have just randomly generated players =P Never really played that far, but got close, retired myself and started anew =]

Excited to see the games after the licensing to only EA expires... how that will turn out, for better or worse...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah... I always like non-ea sports games because ea version felt so scripted on rails and magnetic.
Hockey, NHL2k8 was my favorite hockey. The SEGA NFL was incredible and 20 dollars and EA knew it so they crushed them with the rights agreement rather than make a better game.
FIFA ea has the rights to everything and some stuff is cool but just playing PES after season after season of FIFA I feel like I'm playing an actual sim style football game. Who cares what the team logo's look like because of a corporate giant only allowing one developer to make the 'official' games...
Don't care about online or fantasy or whatever they offer in FIFA I just want manager mode or whatever mode they call it where you run the transfers and contracts and strategies and play the games for several seasons... basically until all the big names retire and then you have just randomly generated players =P Never really played that far, but got close, retired myself and started anew =]

Excited to see the games after the licensing to only EA expires... how that will turn out, for better or worse...
NHL 2K5 is still the best one they made for the OG Xbox. Custom soundtracks, commentary database, they even got my last name on their because the head producers asked if users at nhl2khockey.net wanted to theirs in the game.

I also had a used NFL 2K5 and that was equally good, even though I'm not that good at American football games. Presentation and commentary on both games were through the roof.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I would rather buy and play Football Manager instead. Way more in-depth and more fun.
Highly recommend the NewGAN face generator if you haven't used it before. Rather than those horrid in-game faces for regen players it adds from a pool of something like 100,000 realistic AI-generated faces (which it deploys based on the player's heritage). Makes all difference as you progress far enough in the save (hard to form an attachment to those cartoonish abominations that are regen faces).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Highly recommend the NewGAN face generator if you haven't used it before. Rather than those horrid in-game faces for regen players it adds from a pool of something like 100,000 realistic AI-generated faces (which it deploys based on the player's heritage). Makes all difference as you progress far enough in the save (hard to form an attachment to those cartoonish abominations that are regen faces).
Interesting, I was thinking of picking up the new FM since I haven't played one since 2017 and I am glad to know that the tech has improved so much since then.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Interesting, I was thinking of picking up the new FM since I haven't played one since 2017 and I am glad to know that the tech has improved so much since then.
I go about every 2-3 years. My friend and I have a running online save which we'll both keep on in the background during our (remote) workdays. The games don't change enough from year to year anymore to make it worth yearly purchases. I think Steam might have a 50% off currently on '23, which will save you some $$ over buying '24.

Reactions: JPBolts and S E P H

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PES had the best gameplay by a mile. It felt like football.
Everything else was better in Fifa. Modes, licenses... Everything's that's not important but if you don't have them you're bored.
I loved PES but the masters league was just terrible. Having Patrick Vieira as an 18 year old newgen was desastrous.
Meanwhile Fifa never made an attempt to change their broken gameplay.
This I stopped playing either.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
FM for me, mainly because if I play FIFA it's for the career mode.

When it comes to gameplay I would way rather FIFA > PES.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
PES had the best gameplay by a mile. It felt like football.
Everything else was better in Fifa. Modes, licenses... Everything's that's not important but if you don't have them you're bored.
I loved PES but the masters league was just terrible. Having Patrick Vieira as an 18 year old newgen was desastrous.
Meanwhile Fifa never made an attempt to change their broken gameplay.
This I stopped playing either.
Eh it was super flawed tbh
A lot of unrealistic robotic turns and runs
GK's were also super drunk
And don't get me started on the scripted AI , you are up 3-0 against a much inferior team and that team all off sudden turns into Brazil circa 1982, what in the world....

But in terms of atmosphere, presentation cut scenes , it does feel like football, it's hard to explain but it does

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad