Perry vs. Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

lets just make one giant thread with everyones favorite prospect vs crosby.

Transported Upstater

King Henry I said:
I like it. How about Robyn Big Snake vs. Sidney Crosby? As of this point, of course :biglaugh:

Robin Big Snake is my favorite player since Jordin Tootoo.

Although you cannot mess with TeamTootoo :yo:

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
Crosby, not even close.

Not because of the hype machine or anything, but neither of these guys have played a regular season game in the NHL, so I'll go with the guy that absolutely owned the QMJHL the last few years.

Transported Upstater

Extinguisher said:
Crosby, not even close.

Not because of the hype machine or anything, but neither of these guys have played a regular season game in the NHL, so I'll go with the guy that absolutely owned the QMJHL the last few years.

Can anyone honestly say they would rather have Perry?

That is, before undergoing a lobotomy...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Slow night at HF boards?

I read a book once (not kidding) that speculated how the civil war would have been changed had people come from the future bearing AK-47's and given them to General Lee. Wonderfully bad scene where General Lee says 'look at 'em things shoot!' . . . anyways, this thread sort of reminds me of that level of bad speculation that had to have been born out of sheer boredom or perversity to come up with.

Randall Graves*

Extinguisher said:
Crosby, not even close.

Perry owned the OHL, whats your point?

Crosby is better but i'm not sure how much you can use that argument, since perry also dominated his league.

Transported Upstater

Jaded-Fan said:
Slow night at HF boards?

I read a book once (not kidding) that speculated how the civil war would have been changed had people come from the future bearing AK-47's and given them to General Lee. Wonderfully bad scene where General Lee says 'look at 'em things shoot!' . . . anyways, this thread sort of reminds me of that level of bad speculation that had to have been born out of sheer boredom or perversity to come up with.

Haha, when you said "General Lee" I thought of the orange 1970's Dodge Charger (with the doors welded shut, windows down, and the Confederate flag painted on the roof) from the "Dukes of Hazzard."

"Just a good ol' boy,

Never meanin' no harm,

All they ever saw was the trouble with the law since the day they were born (something like that)..."

GREATEST. SHOW. EVER.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
crosby and its not even close. Crosby completely dominated the Q, Perry was not even CLOSE to as dominant in the OHL. Even on the best junior team ever, Perry could not score as much.

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
RallyKiller said:

Crosby is better but i'm not sure how much you can use that argument, since perry also dominated his league.

Yeah, good point, I realised it after I typed and didn't feel like changing it.

Looking at the stats, Perry had 2 of his teammates (along with himself, of course) in the top 4, and so did Crosby. Sid had 30 more points, but it still doesn't present a reasonable argument.

Of course I would take Crosby right now, but really, until either of them plays in the NHL, they're a wash.

Randall Graves*

hockeyman28 said:
crosby and its not even close. Crosby completely dominated the Q, Perry was not even CLOSE to as dominant in the OHL. Even on the best junior team ever, Perry could not score as much.
Didn't crosby also play in a better offensive league? i'm not as familiar with the Q, just recall it being a good offensive league.

perry had 130 points in 60 regular season games and 38 in 18 post season games. again I agree crosby is better, just don't agree with the minor league argument since perry also had a great year and took home MVP honors.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
RallyKiller said:
Didn't crosby also play in a better offensive league? i'm not as familiar with the Q, just recall it being a good offensive league.

perry had 130 points in 60 regular season games and 38 in 18 post season games. again I agree crosby is better, just don't agree with the minor league argument since perry also had a great year and took home MVP honors.
actually im pretty sure the OHL was the highest scoring league last year. Perry was playing on a better team. the best comparison we can make is a percentage of teams points. Crosby scored 168 pts in 62 games, and his whole team scored 333 goals, just about 50.5% of his teams total production (even though he missed 8 games, Im pretty sure this is the highest percentage for this statistic ever, excluding lemieux's 282 pt season, where lemieux played in every game). Crosby was also a +78. Corey Perry had 130 points in 60 games, and the london knights scored 310 goals, roughly 41.9% of his teams total production (he missed 10 games though). He was a +66. So, statistically, crosby was dominant in their respective leagues for their respective teams.

Transported Upstater

hockeyman28 said:
actually im pretty sure the OHL was the highest scoring league last year. Perry was playing on a better team. the best comparison we can make is a percentage of teams points. Crosby scored 168 pts in 62 games, and his whole team scored 333 goals, just about 50.5% of his teams total production (even though he missed 8 games, Im pretty sure this is the highest percentage for this statistic ever, excluding lemieux's 282 pt season, where lemieux played in every game). Crosby was also a +78. Corey Perry had 130 points in 60 games, and the london knights scored 310 goals, roughly 41.9% of his teams total production (he missed 10 games though). He was a +66. So, statistically, crosby was dominant in their respective leagues for their respective teams.

Statistics cannot accurately show how many more light years ahead Crosby is compared to Perry.

Perry's not even the best 2003 draft pick on his own team.

Randall Graves*

TransportedUpstater said:
Statistics cannot accurately show how many more light years ahead Crosby is compared to Perry.

Perry's not even the best 2003 draft pick on his own team.
who said perry was better than getzlaf?

the original post was that crosby dominated his league, and he did. So did perry.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
RallyKiller said:

Not at 16.

Steve Latin*

Who cares about scouts' assessments? All that really matters is how many points these prospects score in the preseason.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Also, just for arguements sake, Crosby was limited in his abilities for what seemed like October and into November by the knee injury he sustained in late September. He was averaging over 3 points per game before the injury but only around 2 ppg after, up until he went on a tear after the WJHC and didn't let up the rest of the year.

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
Jaded-Fan said:
Slow night at HF boards?

Read the same book, "The Guns of the South".

But on topic, Crosby is much better than Perry, but Perry is no slouch. He's doing a great job so far in preseason.

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
Jaded-Fan said:
Slow night at HF boards?

Turtledove, Guns of the South

Those are great books!

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
Fripp said:
Perry rocks and all, but anyone stats would be inflated playing on one of the best jr teams ever.

Can also reverse the argument to say that the team did so well due to his contribution...

meh... they played in different leagues... against different teams... so how can you compare them? Bottom line is Crosby has far superior raw talent and that's coming from someone who watched perry play for years here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad