Friedman: Perron unlikely to stay in Las Vegas

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I still don’t understand how GMGM won executive of the year. He built the team with the intention of losing and then trading all the upcoming UFA’s that he selected at the TDL for picks/prospects. He wasn’t trying to build a championship team, he just lucked his way into it.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He's pretty expendable. I wouldn't be concerned as VGK. I'd be worried about losing Neal a bit more.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It's pretty crazy how he only has 4 career playoff goals. For a player his age who has made the playoffs 7 times (57 games).

That's..... bad.

And one of those four includes the goal he "scored" for Vegas in the SCF that was really Tatar's goal. He was just pushed in the net and the puck hit him as it was going passed the goal line and going in anyway.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
We haven't even begun to dig into how his teammates, coaches, and GMs end up hating him everywhere he goes. He's been a headache for others since he was a teenager. He's Ribeiro without the drug problem.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
No surprise, this is a guy they almost certainly drafted just to trade away at the deadline.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Although Perron was shuffled between lines during the playoffs, it appeared that there was a reason for this. Tuch was clearly better. Perron just never seemed right, fueling speculation that he was hurt. Turns out that he just sucks in the post season. Didn't score and took some brutal penalties. I was surprised to read somewhere (forgot the source) that he was offered an extension before the trade deadline and turned it down because he wanted more years. VGK offered four, IIRC. Love his handles, but for that money, he's expendable.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Welcome to Vancouver. Benning will be by to hand over a blank cheque, just fill the term and amount in yourself.

A top six LW, to help the kids, and stay competitive. And...what ever.

Probably an Eriksson special.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It was to Perron's own benefit to stay but it's not surprising. The way his game completely shut off in the playoffs, I'm fine if he goes. I'd prefer they get Neal signed to a reasonable contract but that looks unlikely.

Reactions: Supermassive

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm sure he's going to be looking for term with all the bouncing around he's done lately, but I wonder if he ends up being a later-in-the-summer signing since he'll kind of risky.

Wouldn't mind him on the Kings for cheap but certainly not for what he's likely to command. We could use some playmaking. Plus it keeps him out of Quick's helmet for a few games a year haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad