Friedman: Perron unlikely to stay in Las Vegas

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Montreal I think signs him to a dumb contract. If NJ can't land JVR they'll probably sign him so they have somebody to play with Hall and Hischier.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Quebec born winger becoming a free agent?
H2D7DCO.gif

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
I didn't want the Blues to leave him exposed in the expansion draft, but he had a brutal playoffs last season (0 goals, 1 assist in 11 games) so I understood the decision. Seems like the same thing has happened in Vegas.

He's got a ton of talent, and he's not afraid to go to the dirty areas, but he just doesn't have an extra gear when things get more intense in the postseason. 4 goals in 57 playoff games... for a guy who is a reliable 20ish goal scorer otherwise... yikes.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The guy is one of the least clutch skilled players in the NHL today.

He had one goal in all the playoffs and he got it by ending up in the net himself.
It's pretty crazy how he only has 4 career playoff goals. For a player his age who has made the playoffs 7 times (57 games).

That's..... bad.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Montreal I think signs him to a dumb contract. If NJ can't land JVR they'll probably sign him so they have somebody to play with Hall and Hischier.

He wanted to sign in Montreal two years ago. They refused to give him more than one year so he went to St. Louis, which led to him getting exposed in the expansion draft and taken by Vegas. Montreal instead signed Radulov, who dropped his two year demand to one year, then left to Dallas after Bergevin decided to hard ball his best playoff forward.

Brownies

It’s called money. Money money money.
Yeah, but I'd like to have a time machine and do an experiment. I'm sure a lot of Moulsons and Gagner would end up with more money at the end of their careers if they stayed at a place that suited them, leaving their reputation intact at the time of signing a new contract. Of course, injuries happen so I can't blame them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad