Perron 6 game suspension - Did they get it right?

Did the DOS get it right ?

• Should have been less than 6 games

• Seems about right

• Should have been more than 6 games

Results are only viewable after voting.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
youcan'tdothat.gif

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Perron should have been suspended for more than 6 games.

He assessed the situation, made a decision and took action. It wasn't some split-second play where he exercised poor judgment during a hockey play happening at high speed.

Every single person who watched that play understands that Perron was trying to injure Zub. The only defense that has been made for Perron was "he thought Zub deserved it because he thought Zub did something to Larkin."

You intentionally attempt to injure someone and the book should be thrown at you. No room for that in this league.

And before anyone mentions it, plenty of players in the past have gotten off way too easy for their dangerous actions as well, doesn't mean that I'm willing to let Perron off the hook just because others weren't punished properly. We needed to start drawing the line a long time ago.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
It’s honestly just frustrating how inconsistent they are. By the standards that have already been set you could argue it’s too harsh. But those standards are whack and he clearly deserved this if not more.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I guessed it would be 5-6 so I’m not surprised, but if they want to get this sort of trash play out of the game they need much harsher penalties.

And no, losing your temper doesn’t excuse it just because you’re in a hockey game or got “emotional”. Grow up.

• Love
Reactions: Suntouchable13

Devilsfan2326

Oct 4, 2011
Perron should have been suspended for more than 6 games.

He assessed the situation, made a decision and took action. It wasn't some split-second play where he exercised poor judgment during a hockey play happening at high speed.

Every single person who watched that play understands that Perron was trying to injure Zub. The only defense that has been made for Perron was "he thought Zub deserved it because he thought Zub did something to Larkin."

You intentionally attempt to injure someone and the book should be thrown at you. No room for that in this league.

And before anyone mentions it, plenty of players in the past have gotten off way too easy for their dangerous actions as well, doesn't mean that I'm willing to let Perron off the hook just because others weren't punished properly. We needed to start drawing the line a long time ago.
Seems some human empathy came into the equation, as from his point of view it appeared as if his captain were either dead or paralyzed. He is a reckless idiot, but he is a fine teammate as well. Cause of the incident seems to have played a role in the ruling, rather than just intent.

They may have been softer on him since he was not just some envious, sociopathic goon, but rather a heroic moron.

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
With what we now know about the seriousness of brain injuries leading to CTE, assaults like this to the head should come with a minimum 20 game suspension for the first offense

And before some of you protest "20 games!?!?", concussions can have a serious impact on a person's quality of life after their career to the point where their head is so scrambled, they end up taking their own life

And given the viciousness of the attack, I'd also like to see criminal charges filed against Perron

Common law doesn't end when a hockey game begins

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Here is the problem on judging it. Are we judging it based on how dirty the act was ? Or based on what similar plays have gotten previously ?

klefbombs shoulder

Jul 21, 2023
20% think its too much, 56% think its about right, 24% think its too little. Thats a very even distribution. HF as a n aggregate seems to agree with the DOPS.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Perron's suspension is correct. Almost every other incident of disciplinary action hasn't been.

Ya, I like how Parros pretty much said “if you’re pissed punch the guy. That’s.. kinda ok. Like, you and your team will get more out of being goons than you’ll be punished. Safety?”

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
I can't say it's the correct decision only because the same thing will happen again and will be ignored, and it will not be explained.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
It’s so hard to even quantify anymore, because the ineptitude of Parros and the DoPS makes for goalpost that gets moved around more than Mike Sillinger did.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I'd say it's too little. He made an intent to injure in a cowardly way that could clearly cause harm. 6 games seems like peanuts considering that.

This suspension should've set a standard. It definitely didn't imo.

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I think 6 games is fine, even 10 would have been fine for me and im a Wings fan. It was a stupid assault on a unexpecting dude. But in context, if Gudbranson gets 1 game for jumping a dude and punching him in the back of the head while he is on the ice and cant defend himself like 7 times, i dont understand how this one is 6 games? It needs to be 5 games for Gudbranson and 7games for Perron and then im ok with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad