Confirmed with Link: Per multiple media reports: Neil Little fired from Flyers' front office role

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It's kind of odd but maybe his input wasn't all that great so they decided to can him. Did he discover Bob or was it somebody else?

SchennSational1022*

Really all comes down to Hextall wanting to bring in his own guys. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole Reese thing was overblown with Berube and Hexy really wanted Dillabaugh from the start.

SchennSational1022*

This guy has more sources than any of the beats, pitiful :shakehead

Friulian Flyers

Apr 9, 2007
Maniago, Italy
Mingioni and Issac are speculating that Little may be the be goalie development coach. But then, wouldn't he be reassigned and not fired? Sure there has to be more coming.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Sounds like with Dillabaugh coming in as the goalie coach, he and Hextall want to bring in their own guy to be a "goalie development coach" which has become all the rage around the league.

That's my guess, at least.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
FWIW someone tweeted out that McCagg was a must follow leading up to the draft. I haven't been disappointed with his info the last few days.

flybynite77

Mar 1, 2003
Visit site

Another interesting tweet in regards to my op.

Actually not that surprising in sports. Teams will hold onto front office people they plan to let go until after the draft for fear of another team getting them and learning inside ingo.

Its why the Eagles got rid of some scouts right after the draft this year.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
FWIW someone tweeted out that McCagg was a must follow leading up to the draft. I haven't been disappointed with his info the last few days.

Yup. I picked him up about a month before the draft, very insightful, then all of the sudden, started dropping news before the big boys. It was a nice by product.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Neil Little was a good foot soldier, sort of weird on the timing, but I'm not going to feel too bad about any Holmgrenites moving on.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Neil Little was a good foot soldier, sort of weird on the timing, but I'm not going to feel too bad about any Holmgrenites moving on.

Yep he is a really decent guy. Had a chance to talk to him and Justin Williams one night when they stopped in my local tavern. Oh well in Ron we trust.

Yukon Cornelius*

He was an awful coach. He gets entirely too much credit for turning Mason's game around. The one knock about Mason, both current and old, is that he's psychologically fragile and easily slighted. Little coddled him too much in that regard.

There will always be a fine line, especially for the Flyers and their fans, between rushing a player back too soon and giving him that forceful nudge to step back on the ice. Stopping short of calling him a malingerer, and sharpen up your pitch forks fellas, my only complaint with Mason, who's tenure so far has been fantastic, is the manner in which he comes back from injuries. I thought in both cases, his return was unnecessarily delayed and somewhat coddled by Little.

In the utter contempt and hatred for the Chief, we sometimes lose sight as to how organizations, their hierarchy, their inner workings and their values play out day to day. As soon as Little went public, I knew and expected his tenure to come to an end.

Philly, contrary to current and popular opinion, doesn't expect blind obedience but they do expect a certain level of respect, discretion and loyalty.

JvR, Bob, Vinny and now Little all needed that stark reminder of what happens when you step out of line and try and go at it on your own.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
He was an awful coach. He gets entirely too much credit for turning Mason's game around. The one knock about Mason, both current and old, is that he's psychologically fragile and easily slighted. Little coddled him too much in that regard.

There will always be a fine line, especially for the Flyers and their fans, between rushing a player back too soon and giving him that forceful nudge to step back on the ice. Stopping short of calling him a malingerer, and sharpen up your pitch forks fellas, my only complaint with Mason, who's tenure so far has been fantastic, is the manner in which he comes back from injuries. I thought in both cases, his return was unnecessarily delayed and somewhat coddled by Little.

In the utter contempt and hatred for the Chief, we sometimes lose sight as to how organizations, their hierarchy, their inner workings and their values play out day to day. As soon as Little went public, I knew and expected his tenure to come to an end.

Philly, contrary to current and popular opinion, doesn't expect blind obedience but they do expect a certain level of respect, discretion and loyalty.

JvR, Bob, Vinny and now Little all needed that stark reminder of what happens when you step out of line and try and go at it on your own.

I think you are referring to Reese not Little?

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Really all comes down to Hextall wanting to bring in his own guys.
That was my first thought. It's like when you watch Game of Thrones and the king promises a knight a castle because he did something he liked. Well what happens to the dude who lives in that castle at the moment? He's got some bad news comin' his way...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad