Pepsi Center last night

titan

May 27, 2009
Great atmosphere at the Pepsi Center last night. I took the picture below at the opening faceoff.

It looks like they replaced all the seats in the arena. Instead of the original dark brown seats in the upper deck the seats were black with more of a cushion feel.

Anybody else notice other changes? I pretty much stayed in my seat the whole game and didn't explore the concourses much.

avs1014.jpg

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Gonna try and make it to 15 Avs games, 12 Nuggets games, and 10+ (pending playoffs) Mammoth games this year.

Glad to hear they replaced the seats in the upper deck, because I am going to spend a lot of time there.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I was sitting in the lower bowl. Noticed they are changing some of the suites to "theatre boxes" whatever that is. There was also a chicken and waffles stand out on the concourse.

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
My seats are lower center balcony along center line and I couldn't be much happier with them.

Go Nuts is now using smaller envelope style pouches and clear plastic cups this year instead of the clear cellophane sleeves.

Biggest difference i noticed from seasons past is that they did not offer a voucher for an A-Basin lift ticket for the opening night crowd. They've done that for the past 4 years at least.

AveryLanche15

Jul 27, 2009
I was sitting in the lower bowl. Noticed they are changing some of the suites to "theatre boxes" whatever that is. There was also a chicken and waffles stand out on the concourse.

Where was that stand at!?!

And yes they have replaced all the seats as well as creating theatre boxes

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'

How did I miss this!? Chicken and waffles is the best. Gotta get me some next time I'm in town for a game.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
How do you eat them? Is it just fried chicken and waffles? On waffles? I can't picture it.

I used to love the carved sandwiches at the PC but I think they stopped it when attendance went down. Didn't see them the other night either. I get too nervous to eat at the games now though.

anleva

Aug 2, 2005

Yeah the chicken and waffles were outside my section 106. I had it for the first time. It was good. I was just talking to my friend about it. The food and concessions at the Pepsi Center overall is just so much better than Invesco Field. So much more variety. Concessions at Invesco Field is bad. They really need to do something to improve what they offer.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I loved the stadium. It was a great experience for my first ever NHL game, even if I didn't get to celebrate a goal. I was in section 108 right beside the gate where the players came out for introductions which was pretty cool!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah the chicken and waffles were outside my section 106. I had it for the first time. It was good. I was just talking to my friend about it. The food and concessions at the Pepsi Center overall is just so much better than Invesco Field. So much more variety. Concessions at Invesco Field is bad. They really need to do something to improve what they offer.

I agree, I pretty much can't eat at Sports Authority anymore. Nothing is worth it.

Glad to hear from you Kento. I hope the snowy drive wasn't too bad.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Sports Authority Field concessions has gotten a lot better but still leaves a lot to be desired. The burgers are pizza are good. The new pizza on the 1st level is really good.

To be fair though, they do have to cater to 76,000+ and it's open air. Pepsi Center is enclosed and only holds 18,000. Easier to be creative and willing to try different things in a smaller space.

Then again I'm old school. I only need them to sell burgers, dogs, nachos, candy and soda/beer/water.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The first level is probably better than upstairs because there is nothing up there. It's a total pain to drag something all the way up there and then up the 86 rows to my seat. Food is a huge part of the stadium experience. I'd gladly pay $15 for something good. Many of the teams have all sorts of specialty food in their stadium. The fact that SA's food used to be better is a problem too. I'm there the entire day and don't get a meal before or after. I don't eat hot dogs and pizza so I'm kind of screwed.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
The first level is probably better than upstairs because there is nothing up there. It's a total pain to drag something all the way up there and then up the 86 rows to my seat. Food is a huge part of the stadium experience. I'd gladly pay $15 for something good. Many of the teams have all sorts of specialty food in their stadium. The fact that SA's food used to be better is a problem too. I'm there the entire day and don't get a meal before or after. I don't eat hot dogs and pizza so I'm kind of screwed.
Our seats are on the 5th level too. I think the food has gotten better. I usually get just a cheeseburger and fries. But you are right it could certainly be better, I do dig the bottomless soda for 9 bucks.

Sack lunch...or are they that bad about bringing your own?
They didnt used to be. But with the bag changes last year, it's tougher to get anything but water and peanuts in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad