SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
200wqaz.gif

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I've lost much confidence in Husso as the season progressed. Not sure he's good enough going forward.

And yes, I realize this team doesn't bother defending.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I've lost much confidence in Husso as the season progressed. Not sure he's good enough going forward.

And yes, I realize this team doesn't bother defending.
Just keep Cossa away from this team for a while

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
That D is either getting into bad habits, already started the off season, aren't as good as advertised or were told to tank.

Chiarot has my vote for worst signing.

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
Some truly awful defending from so many players. You have to love the unforced give aways in your own zone.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
That D is either getting into bad habits, already started the off season, aren't as good as advertised or were told to tank.

Chiarot has my vote for worst signing.
Remember that the D corps has Hagg in the lineup, Maatta playing more minutes than usual, and Edvinsson playing his 8th game in the NHL. That's half the blueline.

Then up front they've got guys like Chiasson, Czarnik, Luff, Erne who as admirably as they've played are going to result in the D being under more pressure.

And I'd rather Walman make that mistake with the deke move in front of his own net this time of year than when it matters.

EDIT: good lord when did I become the optimist here? But seriously guys . When they lose it's better for the draft pick. They didn't play well against a team fighting to make the playoffs. And that team has Malkin and Crosby on it who are still good players. I don't think these games are the ones to be extrapolating the future of the Wings from.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Looks like I missed a nothingburger. Man got routed by the Pens. Was hoping to beat these guys so they don't make the playoffs. I don't want them in.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Did you watch it? They didn't even try and it is still 5-1. We are miles behind middle-of-the-pack teams. And playoffs.
But you're a member of the Detroit Tank Division. How is the team supposed to look in these last few "spoiler-at-best" games? Do you want a bumbling clown show on the ice for 60 minutes? No, that doesn't please you. Do you want a "meh, we're skating, don't blame us" subterfuge attempt? Apparently that's no good either. What about a "gorrammit, we're professionals, and Red Wings, and we're gonna play our hearts out down to the last minute of the last period"? Well gee, that seems to be a no-go for you as well.

Lad, I don't think you're here for the hunting.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Did you watch it? They didn't even try and it is still 5-1. We are miles behind middle-of-the-pack teams. And playoffs.

No we’re not.

One bad game is not indicative of the whole season. The wings are 3 points behind Buffalo. 2 behind Ottawa. 11 behind the Islanders who are in. 5 wins, 1 OTL.

I’ll keep saying this until I’m blue in the face, but this team was some health luck and a backup goalie away from a wildcard.

50% of the season from Fabbri
75% of the season from Bert and Vrana
55% quality starts from Ned

The rest could have stayed the same. Detroit is probably looking at 30 more goals for and 15 fewer goals against.

After the TDL there’s as much work to do as last year, but we have a better measure of where we’re headed. We’re not in no-man’s land like trash teams. A few adds on wing, a 2nd and 3rd pair RD and a solid vet backup and this team can jump Ottawa and Buffalo into the playoffs.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
But you're a member of the Detroit Tank Division. How is the team supposed to look in these last few "spoiler-at-best" games? Do you want a bumbling clown show on the ice for 60 minutes? No, that doesn't please you. Do you want a "meh, we're skating, don't blame us" subterfuge attempt? Apparently that's no good either. What about a "gorrammit, we're professionals, and Red Wings, and we're gonna play our hearts out down to the last minute of the last period"? Well gee, that seems to be a no-go for you as well.

Lad, I don't think you're here for the hunting.
Your emotions precisely describe what the Red Wings are now. Loosing few critical games in February, then winning some meaningless ones in March, then deciding to not show up again, then what winning again? .

And the management is exactly like this as well - sign a bunch of guys as we want to compete, drop others later - we changed our mind. Oh, let's play an injured player! What is our plan? It is process!

Have you seen the game yesterday? Maybe you misunderstood me, Red Wings tried and tried hard. Pens didn't show up. They were exactly as advertised - an aging team having no interest making the postseason. They left like 10% on the ice and still won 5-1. Most likely they won't score a single goal against Boston...

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
No we’re not.

One bad game is not indicative of the whole season. The wings are 3 points behind Buffalo. 2 behind Ottawa. 11 behind the Islanders who are in. 5 wins, 1 OTL.

I’ll keep saying this until I’m blue in the face, but this team was some health luck and a backup goalie away from a wildcard.

50% of the season from Fabbri
75% of the season from Bert and Vrana
55% quality starts from Ned

The rest could have stayed the same. Detroit is probably looking at 30 more goals for and 15 fewer goals against.

After the TDL there’s as much work to do as last year, but we have a better measure of where we’re headed. We’re not in no-man’s land like trash teams. A few adds on wing, a 2nd and 3rd pair RD and a solid vet backup and this team can jump Ottawa and Buffalo into the playoffs.
We were definitely hurt by Vrana not being Vrana and Bert not being Bert. They are still inconsistent but have taken huge steps in building a defensive structure. Next year could look good with Raymond taking a step, maybe Berggren too, Kasper joining the lineup, etc. Add a free agent winger like Killorn and a RD like Schenn and this team is much better.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Your emotions precisely describe what the Red Wings are now. Loosing few critical games in February, then winning some meaningless ones in March, then deciding to not show up again, then what winning again? .

And the management is exactly like this as well - sign a bunch of guys as we want to compete, drop others later - we changed our mind. Oh, let's play an injured player! What is our plan? It is process!

Have you seen the game yesterday? Maybe you misunderstood me, Red Wings tried and tried hard. Pens didn't show up. They were exactly as advertised - an aging team having no interest making the postseason. They left like 10% on the ice and still won 5-1. Most likely they won't score a single goal against Boston...
My point is that it doesn't matter for your camp.

Play well and win? Wings are dum and fans are dummerer because Lottery!
Play well and lose? Wings are dum and fans are dummerer because No Improvement!
Play poorly and win? Wings are dum and fans are dummerer because Team Worser and Lottery!
Play poorly and lose? Wings are dum and fans are dummerer because Worser and No Improvement!

You don't want the Red Wings to win. You want the DamonDRW Wings to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad