Pre-Game Talk: Pens/Wings - Will the two headed monster unleash today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
I saw someone post that Crosby showed up at his normal time before today's game so that may be good news.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
+ Steigy and Errey didn't talk the entire game

- The team looked completely disinterested, it was like they weren't even there

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I was going to suggest no Crosby or Malkin would leave NBC with nothing to talk about, but they could still go on about the Wings being a model franchise.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I fully expect BB to pick up the offensive slack due to 87 and 71's absence.

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
+ Steigy and Errey didn't talk the entire game

- The team looked completely disinterested, it was like they weren't even there

Those are my sentiments, exactly.
The reality is, however, that both teams failed to show up. The game was practically unwatchable in that sense.

Steve Durbano

Mar 27, 2011
Burbs of Bmore
The reality is, however, that both teams failed to show up. The game was practically unwatchable in that sense.

If I were the Broons, I'd be concerned that Pittsburgh's entire game plan went to hell in less than two minutes. And if it weren't for some unlucky bounces and Kunitz breaking a hip on the way to an open net, they could have easily lost.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I didn't know where to put this, but I was looking at some of the marketing the Pens have sent to me recently and something dawned on me. The Penguins currently are being run by soccer moms and or the same mentality? I can tell you this, their marketing doesn't appeal to me. And now it makes sense that this attitude has filtered down to the type of team they have put on the ice.

Maybe the Pens are smart appealing to the next sissified generation. But they have slowly lost me, to the point where I paid for season package for the 10th year in a row, but have watched the least amount of games since becoming a fan.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
When healthy the Pens with their stars playing well can beat anyone. Unfortunately without them the Pens are very ordinary. The concept that take any team and remove it's two best players is just not the case. We are looking at a game that the Pens had to adjust and for the most part played a game that was physical and kept Boston to one EVG. Kunitz missed a open net bunny with a great pass from Sutter and that folks is where the drop off is.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

If I were the Broons, I'd be concerned that Pittsburgh's entire game plan went to hell in less than two minutes. And if it weren't for some unlucky bounces and Kunitz breaking a hip on the way to an open net, they could have easily lost.

I've got the "Multiplicity Effect" going on. Not the Steve in the movie correlation, that's just a bonus.

multi_stl_9_h.jpg

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
I didn't know where to put this, but I was looking at some of the marketing the Pens have sent to me recently and something dawned on me. The Penguins currently are being run by soccer moms and or the same mentality? I can tell you this, their marketing doesn't appeal to me. And now it makes sense that this attitude has filtered down to the type of team they have put on the ice.

Maybe the Pens are smart appealing to the next sissified generation. But they have slowly lost me, to the point where I paid for season package for the 10th year in a row, but have watched the least amount of games since becoming a fan.
If they aren't appealing to someone who uses the word "sissified" they're probably doing something right.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I'd glad we're playing Bennett out of position so Adams can play his correct position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad