Not open for further replies.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia

1702435188093.png

We are all Jeff Carter's dad tonight

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
WAIT!!!!! 2 PP Goals & 2 Jeff Carter Goals??? did someone slip me the Magic Mushrooms ?

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Big game from Jeff f***in Carter.

Still lots to complain about but screw it, fun game.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I have been saying for weeks that they would get the 2nd PP goal shortly after the 1st.

The play through the NZ was much better than it's been lately. More passes to guys going with speed, more clean entries. There was definitely more of an effort to get Karl and Letang up in the play more. Would have been nice for EK to get an assist but Malkin hit the post and then missed the empty net.

Does Gruden a regular penalty killer in WBS? It was surprising to see him on the PK this game and last.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It was a good game
Defense was pretty good especially our three left handed defensman, our two superstar dman had way too many wtf moments...

L3 was really good, just play that line, don't mess it up
L1 was solid, liked Jake's game except on PP (although he scored, he kills every play on pP)
I did not hate L2, liked Pusty's effort, don't know whether it was Yotes or L2 looked a little bit more dangerous, Geno had a bunch of good looks, wish that Smith is more assertive
and there was JC...we all living in his world tonight

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I have been saying for weeks that they would get the 2nd PP goal shortly after the 1st.

The play through the NZ was much better than it's been lately. More passes to guys going with speed, more clean entries. There was definitely more of an effort to get Karl and Letang up in the play more. Would have been nice for EK to get an assist but Malkin hit the post and then missed the empty net.

Does Gruden a regular penalty killer in WBS? It was surprising to see him on the PK this game and last.
Gruden is one of WBS' primary PKers.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It's too bad Carter is so damned old now because he's exactly what pp1 could use. If he were still capable of it I'd gladly swap him for Jake and let him just sit in front and tip in Karlsson/Malkin bombs all day.

Hell pp1 has been so bad (jake goal tonight not withstanding) that that still might be worth a try.

Carter is bad as hell at 5v5 but he's still got the ability to tip pucks in and be good in front of the net.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Liked Puustinen.

Didn't like EK65 on the Powerplay at all.
Geno played well, but bad at finishing.

Graves was decent and POJ deserved to be in over Shea whose play has dropped of late.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Liked Puustinen.

Didn't like EK65 on the Powerplay at all.
Geno played well, but bad at finishing.

Graves was decent and POJ deserved to be in over Shea whose play has dropped of late.
EK is a different brand of frustrating than Letang on the PP. EK will move himself into good shooting position with his skating and hockey sense but then he'll fire one way wide of the net or get his shot blocked every time.

Honestly in general EK just has the look of someone who is pressing way too hard this past while. I guess it makes sense since this team is struggling like hell to score goals and he's someone who prides himself on creating but he needs to just chill the f out and take what is there and let his instincts take over. He's way overthinking it right now offensively.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
puustinen was creating turnovers at az's own blueline basically every single shift. he clearly reads the play well

why did i have to read posts all offseason about how zohorna and puustinen are nobodies that can't contribute at the nhl level? as recently as a week ago people were saying puustinen wasn't even worth a shot for... dubious reasons

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Just like we all drew it up…2 PPGs, 1 shortie and JFC scoring at will…just when I was going to create a Weekend at Carter’s gif with Sullivan and Dubas dragging around the corpse of JFC

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh

Graves was better than decent; he was good tonight.

Shea is not an NHL-caliber defenseman except out of utter desperation, and wouldn't be here if we had any better options at all. Even so, POJ still sucks unless you like stupid pinches that allow 2-on-1's, winning 0% of puck battles and being as much of a turnstile as ever, all of which were on display tonight as usual. Whatever physical skill he may possess is offset by not being able to think the game anywhere near fast enough, and way too often panicking under any pressure in his own end. If he had Ollie Maatta's brain he might be an adequate 3rd-pair option.

If Ludvig ever has 2 bad games in a row Sully's going to draw a pentagram on the floor of the locker room, summon Chad Ruhwedel, and put us right back to where we were before -- with the worst 3rd D pair in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad