Post-Game Talk: Pens win 5-4 - Can we finally say the scoring drought is over, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier Laflamme*

To anyone who puts any blame on Greiss tonight, give your head a shake. The Pens came out flat again and got thoroughly out played in the 3rd period and if it weren't for him, we'd have lost tonight.

Michael8771*

Greiss sucks, our defense didn't do him any favors, but that was brutal. Ugly win. 3rd period collapse.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
HZg2o1e.jpg

I feel the same way, Jim.

penguins2946*

-Bortuzzo, he was entirely horrendous. The Pens desperately need to trade for another D to keep him out of the lineup (or run with Despres-Ehrhoff and Scuderi-Pouliot). JR was watching that cluster ****, he has to realize we need an upgrade on D.
-4th line because of Sadams
-The fact that we nearly blew it

I don't want to give Greiss a minus, because the team in front of him was terrible. However, 2 of the 4 goals were very stoppable that he should have had. He let in a couple weak goals, but he made some nice saves.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I want to fight Cole, so I'm blaming this completely on Griess.

:laugh: I'm going to do a quick Insanity Max 30 workout and then i'll be back to fight you all.

If anyone blames Greiss solely for this game, I will fight you! Let the powerful internet words be heard!!

But seriously. He stopped 8/9 breakaways or something ridiculous (3 SO, 1 PS, 1 by a defender, and like 4 other ones in the game). The defense was a ****ing wreck. He wasn't perfect tonight, but he deserved the win. He really did. He's not off the hook for that 4th goal,but i'm not blaming him at all. In fact, I'd even give him a +/= for the game.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I like it.

-big flashing light that Sill/Adams together are bad for the roster
-JR did not look pleased and the needs are obvious with this team
-doing all that and still getting 2 points

Michael8771*

I am really wondering about this teams conditioning. I know it's back to backs and such but you gotta be better than this.

Chernobyl Mobile

Just chillin' here
Nov 23, 2014
New Jersey
The Pens' defense was hot burning garbage. If we had better defense, most of those shots (no less the goals) wouldn't have gotten past the blue line.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Bottom six still needs help, especially with Beau playing like he is. Pouliot grows more confident by the game and could have had a few points tonight.

Letang has just been unreal this year. He's just a beast night after night. Thank god he's brought it like that because Sid and Geno have been up and down.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
**** that turd period, get a ****ing clue MJ! How about keeping what's working once in a while *********!

This said, kudos Pens! 2pts in da bank baby!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
:laugh: I'm going to do a quick Insanity Max 30 workout and then i'll be back to fight you all.

If anyone blames Greiss solely for this game, I will fight you! Let the powerful internet words be heard!!

But seriously. He stopped 8/9 breakaways or something ridiculous (3 SO, 1 PS, 1 by a defender, and like 4 other ones in the game). The defense was a ****ing wreck. He wasn't perfect tonight, but he deserved the win. He really did. He's not off the hook for that 4th goal,but i'm not blaming him at all. In fact, I'd even give him a +/= for the game.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
I'll admit that all the goals weren't Griess' fault but if he stops his two crap softies he let in, this is a 4-2 game, and a regulation win.

That last breakaway goal by Turris was just god awful. Yeah Martin screwed the pooch can but a crap soft backhander trickles through? That can't happen.

The defense was god awful for sure. Third goal was on the refs. Whether or not he "ran into him", Scuderi was laid out when he wasn't looking.

Malkin should have gotten a penalty for laying out Michalek as well.

Michael8771*

I have almost no confidence this team does anything in the post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad